Looking for SQ from a 10" in a small, sealed enclosure

iampakman
10+ year member

No amp decided yet, but Id like to keep things at 1000 rms or lower. I originally thought about the Sundown E10 due to some advice, but I discovered the DC Level 3 and was smitten with it... Then a search here caused me to pause and rethink that, as the Dayton HO or TC Epic both seem to be better for my needs. For speakers Im probably going with Powerbass 2xl components or ID CTX components, so as long as Im getting good sq from there I wont be upset if the sub doesnt have perfect sq and happens to hit harder than Im looking for. I already have an enclosure that I bought years ago, a sealed box for a 10", and Id like to use it because 1-its 3/4" MDF, 2-I prefer sealed than ported, and 3-even thought my dog chewed a corner, it still looks decent and fits perfectly in my hatch without taking up much space.

Boston G3 10s do well in small sealed boxes. Much cheaper than the Focal above, and it will have very similar if not better performance.
I had Boston rear deck speakers in my old car and loved em. The crutchfield price is, well, perfect ($109!) and with 375 watts rms, I wont have to spend too much on an amp. This is without a doubt in the final running.

Wow thats a very good price on those at $109, I was expecting more around $150. Their power handling is very under rated, the voice coil is 2.5inches and cooling is well engineered. I have a pair of G5 12s on 1400rms and I love them.

Look for an amp that does 500-700rms and you'll love it.

Wow thats a very good price on those at $109, I was expecting more around $150. Their power handling is very under rated, the voice coil is 2.5inches and cooling is well engineered. I have a pair of G5 12s on 1400rms and I love them.
Look for an amp that does 500-700rms and you'll love it.
Ill see if I can find out how long the sale is on for, I was planning on buying the gf a new set of wheels with this paycheck but if I dont have much time for the sub, then she can wait lol.

I have a jl w6 10'' in a .75 sealed powered by a MMats 1100d and it sound great IMO but everyone hate jl on here but everyone has there own preference.

Boston G3 10s do well in small sealed boxes. Much cheaper than the Focal above, and it will have very similar if not better performance.
i heard a pair of these 12s as this chick was following my buddy to my house. i was VERY impressed by what it sounded like 100 yards away to my living room. low wattage but they were loud for what they are. cant attest to the sq totally tho.

I have a jl w6 10'' in a .75 sealed powered by a MMats 1100d and it sound great IMO but everyone hate jl on here but everyone has there own preference.
I dont hate on anything without a reason, and I see no problem with JL except for the price range, which is a little more than Id like to spend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.