looking for more midbass

what is the "normal" range of freqs considered mid-bass cuz that speak seems to have a pretty high range to me.

i'm not going to run 5,000 hz. frequencies to it. i planned on something like 80-250 hz. or something like that and my 5.25 components would pick up the rest

I've read good things about those CSX's. Pretty much anything mid wise from Peerless seems to great....HDS series as well. Also, check out the Dayton Reference Series.....seem to be the current boner in the DIY market. Sound is supposed to be similar to Seas Excels. Also look into the Vifa MG's....great mids as well from all reviews I've read.

I've read good things about those CSX's. Pretty much anything mid wise from Peerless seems to great....HDS series as well. Also, check out the Dayton Reference Series.....seem to be the current boner in the DIY market. Sound is supposed to be similar to Seas Excels. Also look into the Vifa MG's....great mids as well from all reviews I've read.

i think i might go with the peerless mids. would it sound good if i set my lowpass on my amp at 250 hz. and my high pass on the headunit at 80 hz.? or would i be better off getting an fmod?

Just stick with what you have. I wouldn't worry about the Fmods. And don't get yourself dead set on those xover points...play around with them as much as you can till you find the combo that works best.

Just stick with what you have. I wouldn't worry about the Fmods. And don't get yourself dead set on those xover points...play around with them as much as you can till you find the combo that works best.

i planned on messing with the frequencies, but what i was getting at was would the headunit work all right as a high pass filter so i can low pass the mids on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.