COMPLETED Looking for an android device

Participant count
  • Participant list

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
I've got a Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS that I've been trying to get synced to the arc app so I can use the full eq. I've been basically told I'm burnt by pioneer customer service since it won't connect via Bluetooth.

I've tried all my devices with the USB but they're all to new.

im looking for a tab or phone thats running Android 4.1 up to 7.1.2 and also supports AOA (Android Open Accessory) 2.0
I can't seem to find anything locally or online that fits that.

Anyone got something laying around? If I can find nothing I'll just buy a different hu 😂

I got a couple android phones laying around that I know longer use. I can see what version they have on them later on tomorrow when I am back home and have some time to get you the model numbers. I know one is Samsung the other is a Motorola. Will also ask my parents as well as iirc they have a couple older android phones laying around iirc.

Last edited:
I got a couple android phones laying around that I know longer use. I can see what version they have on them later on tomorrow when I am back home and have some time to get you the model numbers. I know one is Samsung the other is a Motorola. Will also ask my parents as well as iirc they have a couple older android phones laying around iirc.
That'd be awesome man...thanks

Okay the one phone is a Motorola G Stylus 2020 5G with android 11 on it. The other I wanna keep as a backup phone which is that Samsung. Parents are out for the night as am I so no clue what I have but just remembered what the Motorola has on it. I can't figure out if it has AOA abilities or not from searching. I know I've had it hooked up to the PC several times for stuff but AOA is a different animal. But hopefully they have something older if it has to be a Android version from 4-7 for it to work.

Okay I also asked Motorola themselves as well. So curious to see what they gotta say on it just for the hell of it. Either way will check with my parents as I know they had a couple old LG's and Motorolas up till the last year or two that were old.

I had a similar problem with my last pioneer hu. Tried to update it, but it always failed. Till I realized that the update file from the pioneer Europe website was a different size than the USA file.I installed the euro version and everything worked perfectly. I know of at least one other person who has done this to fix their Bluetooth connection. Might be worth checking into.

My hu version number matches up with the newest version on pioneer's site...that was one of the first things I tried after I got it...this is essentially a last ditch effort before dumping it for something else 😂

The version number was the same between the USA version and the EU version. But the file size was not the same. The EU file was larger.

Sry everything we have is android 10 and above now even the spare phones & tablets. Best bet eBay should have some cheapo options.
Ebay permanently killed my account for some reason...they won't tell me why though 😂

It's all good man, I appreciate you looking...I'm gonna try the euro firmware this weekend and if that don't work...I'll find my something shiny and pretty 🥳

eh start up another one eff'em and after the experience I just had with them with a scammer who doesn't know how to hook up an amplifier I sold working that fed ex damaged yet is somehow my fault even though the moron refuses to file the shipping insurance claim. Now I might be out 300 dollars so they can kiss my a$$ as well.

So I did the euro update, bought a android and borrowed 6 others from people at my wife's church...no joy 🤬

I've always been able to stream via bt but the app just won't connect via bt or usb...I've gotta decide whether to throw a dsp in or buy another hu (or both)...I'm definitely over pioneer which ever way I go

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...