Looking for $50-$100 front speakers

kevin85193
10+ year member

boost?
NJ
I have a 98 integra and looking for decent speakers to replace the front stock ones. Fronts have place for tweeters also. Looking to spend $50-$100. I know thats not really going to get me anything good, but eh, I'm into performance.. stock speakers blow :0 I have alpine 9807 headunit.

I had alpine 9807, kappas in front and back, w/ e12O.44 and pheonix gold amp in my old car.

thanks to anyone that helps

I'll search also, but comcast seems to be acting up.

I would actually look into getting a comp set for the front.... The infinty ref 6000cs are descent for $100. I have not heard the cdt coaxials but I have heard they are descent coaxials.

If you don't want the added cost of using an amplifier for your frontstage speakers also, I'd just stick with a quality set of co-axials. Most of your local audio shops should have some decent ones on display....check out most of the larger companies; Pioneer, Alpine, Boston Acoustics, Focal, MB Quart, etc and pick whatever sounds best to your ears.

What's better Arc Kar or OZ Vectors?

(Found out I don't need new top mounts, so I can get the speakers rather quickly)

yeah, I don't know if i want an amp. I'm somewhat on a budget..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

That seems to be a good deal for them, but if you don't want to run an external amp I would pass it up and stick with co-axials.

Im the seller of the RE's to kevin and I also recommend staying around that 100rms range...

as I said before to him I was using a van gogh 320.4 and it was throwing 80 rms ... it loved them..

if you get something rated above 80 rms make sure you set the gains properly, that means... high pass freq setting and crossed over at about 80-90... the more power you give them the higher I would cross them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.