Look What USPS Brought Me *cough* Fiberglass

Participant count
  • Participant list

bcarpenterfhl
10+ year member

Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced
Its four inches wide, 390 feet long. Density's ~ 7 oz/sq yrd.. Cost me $55 shipped, not to bad eh?

image23aq.jpg

image32ni.jpg

image47jt.jpg

i'm bored, so i think i'm gonna resin up a flat piece of it, then resin an equally sized piece of mat and compare strength anbd user friendliness.

very very sweet. 7oz is the same **** they sell at pepboys. in fact, they sell 6oz at pep boys i believe and its $4\8sq yards.

that is a great freggin buy.

ok i just did a little test. the fiberglass matt bondo makes is quite stronger than the cloth, however, like all mat its a pain in the ass to get it right and smooth. the cloth doesn't stick to the brush at all, and is easier to conform. IMO, one is best off just using more layers of cloth, or if you have both, use fabric for your final layers. hope this helps.

I bought a roll that is the same weave as your roll for $100.00!...................................However........ Mine is about 150 yards and 48" wide....... Some lady's old who had passed was holding a yard sale. I saw it in the corner of the garage near the door, and asked if she would sell it. She said she would have no idea what it was worth, but she knows the stuff aint cheap. I laughed and told her I'd be back with 100 bucks. She went for it. We have all heard of stories like this one with that "old lady". Well I had no guilty feelings when I put in the bed of my pick up. Thing weighs about 50 lbs. I am a helicopter mechanic in the USMC, so we do alot of composite work in my airframes shop. The chop mat is great for the main shell, but finishing it off with this stuff really makes it alot easier when in the sanding stages, and gives alot of strength. It also lays down smooth minimizing the amount of sanding you will have to do. The stuff kicks ass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.