Let's talk Pro Audio in Cars.

matt_bennett05
10+ year member

mattchoo!
So, for starters, I've ran a few different brands trying things out but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for (which could be a little far fetched unless you know otherwise).

I like my music loud and clear. I have fiberglassed pods with one 8" and one supertweet (toned down massively) per door. I've used the Pyle Pro, Crescendo (MP series? w/ phase plug), Powerbass 4XL, Memphis Studio Comp, and Soundstream but none have quite provided what I'm looking for. What I want is the loudness of say the Powerbass (using now) which get loud but dont seem to provide as much mid/lower end (~100hz) response and stay clear at the same time. I hear Eminence quite often but what else should be considered?

BTW, I want to keep it one 8" per door and would rather exchange speakers than pods.

If I missed something tell me.

I have personally heard these:

Cadence Acoustics CVL Series CVL-84MBX, 8" 500 Watt 4 Ohm Midrange

Very clear and loud. They have a 2" coil (on an 8" driver) 102db sensitivity, are pretty easy to get down to 60 hz (especially in a fiberglass enclosure that you can change the volume of air space). You can throw up to 350 watts RMS to it and it will take it. I really like these, so I thought it could have been a good suggestion for your application!

Oh, and it is less than $90 each

Pro audio driver tend to be loud but not get as low as say a home audio driver. Typically because in open space where most pro audio drivers are used they need to be loud and last a long time not typically sound the best. And most venues for low end will have multiple large subs to provide that. How big are your pods?

Pro audio driver tend to be loud but not get as low as say a home audio driver. Typically because in open space where most pro audio drivers are used they need to be loud and last a long time not typically sound the best. And most venues for low end will have multiple large subs to provide that. How big are your pods?
Honestly not sure about size of enclosure because it's been a while. I heard a set of those Crossfire 6.5" recently myself and they were waaay underpowered (some tiny dinky Kenwood) so I didn't get much from the experience.

Now I do miss my Memphis studio 8"s... they are dirt old and the thin rubber surround started separating from the frame. I wish it was fairly easily fixed because they gave me what I wanted. Things are like 12+ years old.....

Honestly not sure about size of enclosure because it's been a while. I heard a set of those Crossfire 6.5" recently myself and they were waaay underpowered (some tiny dinky Kenwood) so I didn't get much from the experience.
The setup I heard was 12 of the 6's ran off a 200.4... It was mean!!! May treat myself to 4 of them this weekend once I get wife her tablet..

What were they crossed @? (if you remember)

That I do not know.. I wanna say basscort runs them also he can give u much more details on how low they will play and still stay loud and clear. I plan on crossing mine @ 80hz with a 12db slope but that may change once I play with them.. I dnt need my mids to play down in the 60's but thats just me.

yes i have the xs m6s and they are fantastic. they blew my silver flutes out of the water. there rated at 75 rms and are taking 125 like a champ. play down to 80 htz very nicely and get loud without distortion. crossfire did theyre homework on those mid drivers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.