kicker1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

chadcmb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok i have a kicker zx1500. pushing a w712 at 3 ohms with the gain alittle over half. sooo i want to add another w712. i would have to wire them at 1.5 ohms now i have hurd thes amps can run at 1 ohm buti dont know for sure. also if i did run it at 1.5ohms wouldnt i have alitle more power than the 1670 i have at 2ohms.

another ? when i turn my deck up and it gets really loud, the voltage meater goes down and my deck turns off. how is this fixed?

thanks

Humm I dunno buddy if that zx can do 1ohm. I thought it was the kx models that ran at 1 ohm. Being you say your volt meter goes way down I see that you dont have the eletrical back up to even try to run that amp at 1 ohm. O an dit depends on what kindof IMP rise you have as well if you will be even running at 1.5 ohms might rise to over 2 anyways. Whats the size of the box.

So what kindof battery back do you have. Stock alt?? Big three done yet??

With the proper electrical and a clean signal, you could do 1.5 ohm. But seeing as how your hu cuts out at high volumes already, I'd say not a chance in hell. Upgrade the big 3 and see if it fixes your cutting out problem. If not, get a bigger alt and you'll be fine. I ran a zx1500 at 1 ohm for 6+ months with no problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chadcmb

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
chadcmb
eagle river alaska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date