Kicked by Life

MakkMar10

Bangin on a Budget
SoCal
So Iv been attempting to become a true BassHead since April....but I lost my job 1 week after I join the forum, then I lose my Jeep an my lady crashed our Expedition in May, I struggled thru June bought my Explorer in July. Luckily I began working the last week of July. An the first week of Aug my daughter taken from me due to Gma's irresponsibility, an my lady's house is full. So now I'm forced to use my system money to get myself a place an furniture, that way I can get my kid back.

This leaves me with some of the Kicker gear I uneducatedly bought before I knew what was up. I had 2 L7's on a zxs1500 an 2 L5's on a Boss amp. Iv since sold the L7's $200 a piece BTW, an 1 of my L5's was towed with my Jeep along with the Boss stuff. So now I have 1 15" L5 the zxs1500.1 and a zx350.4. Il have to run with this until I'm settled in my own place.

My question now is....is it worth getting a box built for the L5? I had put the other L5 in a 4cu prefab but it was powered by the "3000w" boss amp so tht was Do-Do. The box was only $150 but it felt pretty solid, I figure proper power wud make it sound better. But again is it worth building a box for the L5? It's a d4 so I'll have it weird to 2ohm an I want to send it 1000w....

So Iv been attempting to become a true BassHead since April....but I lost my job 1 week after I join the forum, then I lose my Jeep an my lady crashed our Expedition in May, I struggled thru June bought my Explorer in July. Luckily I began working the last week of July. An the first week of Aug my daughter taken from me due to Gma's irresponsibility, an my lady's house is full. So now I'm forced to use my system money to get myself a place an furniture, that way I can get my kid back.
This leaves me with some of the Kicker gear I uneducatedly bought before I knew what was up. I had 2 L7's on a zxs1500 an 2 L5's on a Boss amp. Iv since sold the L7's $200 a piece BTW, an 1 of my L5's was towed with my Jeep along with the Boss stuff. So now I have 1 15" L5 the zxs1500.1 and a zx350.4. Il have to run with this until I'm settled in my own place.

My question now is....is it worth getting a box built for the L5? I had put the other L5 in a 4cu prefab but it was powered by the "3000w" boss amp so tht was Do-Do. The box was only $150 but it felt pretty solid, I figure proper power wud make it sound better. But again is it worth building a box for the L5? It's a d4 so I'll have it weird to 2ohm an I want to send it 1000w....
Just keep what you have and get your kid back bro. Fought for custody for over a year and won...in California. That was 16 years ago and I'm just now getting back up to speed (slowly).

Yeh man get yourself squared away first before you jump back into the audio addiction.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Your kid got taken because of someone else's irresponsibility?
Yes....I trusted G'ma to watch her since I started working an ther was an unfortunate event, we still don't have all the details but I had just got off an was called to the hospital wher CPS an Police notified me that my kid will be in ther custody until further notice. My case is strong seeing tht I am fully capable of taking care of her but she had CP an were just trying to find out WTF hap'n. G'ma is locked up an I see a judge next Fri. My worker told me I will get her back with in 6 months

Yes....I trusted G'ma to watch her since I started working an ther was an unfortunate event, we still don't have all the details but I had just got off an was called to the hospital wher CPS an Police notified me that my kid will be in ther custody until further notice. My case is strong seeing tht I am fully capable of taking care of her but she had CP an were just trying to find out WTF hap'n. G'ma is locked up an I see a judge next Fri. My worker told me I will get her back with in 6 months
Hey bro, I fought the system and got custody on my own...without a laywer. If you need any advice pm me cause (unfortunately) I know quite a bit about the legal bs.

You paid 150 for a prefab box?An l5 will last about 10 minutes with 1000 watts on it.
I was dumb Bro....an I do plan on blowing the L5, but not in 10mns. It's the 08 model and is rated at 750rms I figured it cud take a lil extra

you are worrying about the wrong thing. fuckk car audio......... get your kid back.worrying if you can use kicker stuff, get real...
I understand wat ya'l are saying, an trust my worker assured me I'm taking the rite steps to get my baby back. I'm not a druggy or some abusive parent. I jus trusted the wrong person with my child an am now paying the price. Luckily I have a ton of support from my new found job an family so it's just a matter of time before she is home. I'm not so worried about my equipment, but it jus need to be weird an boxed. I figure I cud atleast hook it up....this is separate from the money Iv put aside for a place for me an my daughter. Or id have gotten my amps an subs an all....

Sorry to hear that..I'd be all over ''gma'' like a bad cold..lol..Good luck

If the police weren't actively involved....Bru, u kno I kno we kno how shyt go
My god you make my brain hurt dude. Just read that right there and ponder that for a little bit. Now look at all the crap going on in Ferguson. You want your children to grow up having the best opportunities. Adjust your flow bro....Priorities....

My god you make my brain hurt dude. Just read that right there and ponder that for a little bit. Now look at all the crap going on in Ferguson. You want your children to grow up having the best opportunities. Adjust your flow bro....Priorities....
Dude u really ima go murder somebody or something? Im in total cooperation with the courts an CPS, my A1 goal is to get my daughter back. Yes I'm highly upset but I'm also an intelligent young man. I'm letting them do they'r job while I do mine. The worst tht will happen to G'ma is she'll have limited supervised visits, if that. Now u can PM me ur number if u want real life details but I apologize if I come off ignorant. I am in no way shape or firm putting anything before my daughter. The point of this thread was to let ya'l kno wat is going on with me. An y I WON'T be doing the build Iv been researching about....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.