Kenwood X1200M with PIONEER TS-W3002D4 Wiring Help (paying)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dictator

Hello caraudio members!

I am in need of some help for my sub and amp installation. I need help on how to wire the sub to my amp. Here are some information on it:

Sub: PIONEER TS-W3002D4 X 1 (dual voice coil) 4 Ohm

Manual: tinyurl. com/44hbr4e

Amp: Kenwood Excelon X1200M X 1

Manual: tinyurl. com/3s4wlz7

The sub has a picture of a wiring diagram: tinyurl. com/3uzf7x8

The amp has a picture of a wiring diagram: tinyurl. com/438bzv6

And this is my current wiring: tinyurl. com/42b77qo

I'm pretty sure my wiring is wrong so if you could please look into using the manuals. Also if I could get a little help on setting the right LPF freq, ISF freq, and input sensitivity. If your able to help me out I will gift you a little something on paypal.

Thanks!

your links didn't work.

wire the sub like this:

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

this will present a single 2 ohm load on the amplifier.

low pass filter should be around 80-100hz and the isf should be at 30hz maybe lower if you have a low tuned ported box or higher for a higher tuned box or off for a sealed box.

the gain is to match the voltage from the rca outputs to the amp so that it puts out the right power and not clipping to signal. to high here can blow your sub.

my recommedation is to turn it up slowly till it stops getting loud then back down a little or set it by the gain method. there is a tutorial stickied somewhere in this forum i believe under amplifier discussions

amp manual"

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/113/113X1200M.PDF

On Page 4 it illustrates how to wire a D4 sub - using all four terminals. you can do that or the diagram above which combines the coils in parallel at the sub and just has two wires at the amp. either is fine and performs the same function. which to do depends on how your sub terminals handle two wires, how the box terminal handles 2 or 4 wires, and if you want twice as much wire length (more money).

Amplifier gain setting tutorial:http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/65167/page/1

tell us what enclosure you have and we can recommend SSF settings.

tell us what speakers you have and their size/installation and we can recommend a LPF setting. you want your speaker to be capable of playing down to your sub LPF setting so that you don't lose information.
I'm using this enclosure tinyurl. com/3py64es 1.27 cu. ft. sealed.

From my understanding now are the following the correct wiring diagram?

tinyurl. com/3e37pgd

or

tinyurl. com/3gufdpb

Also using the above wiring would I use 4 ohms or 2 ohms in the equation for VAC?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.