Kenwood KVT-M707 (Navi) I-pod adaptor question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgwilly31

Hey everyone new here looking to get my kenwood KVT-M707.

KVT-M707.jpg

I picked up this adaptor from Crutchfield.

h113iP500-o_.jpeg

So i got it all out of the dash hoping for just a simple plug and go. Well no, cant be that easy.

The plug doesnt fit. Not even close.

You guys recommend anything else that will fit and charge my I-pod touch...

Or am i doing something wrong with this unit. Does it maybe plug into the Navi. brain>?

I just picked this unit up from Car Toys for like 200 and yes you are correct the end of it that doesnt go into your ipod goes into the brain, where if yours is like mine it says CD Changer

Oh no^ Thats not what i wanted to hear:crap:

The brain is stuck in a very hard to get to part of the car. Very uncomfortable working area.

So before i get all dirty with this. Can anyone confirm>? Whats the plug hole for on the back of HU then>?

Well, I actually returned the unit and just went with a double din because I didnt like the idea of the brain heh, too much work for me.

But if memory serves me right there should be 2 plugs on the back of the head unit, the one with all the speaker wires and power and all that. and then the plug that leads to the brain. Let me see if i can find the installation manual.

http://images.kenwood.eu/files/prod/48/5/KVT-M707_instal_man_(EN).pdf

there is the installation manual. and where you need to run that ipod cable is into the cd changer slot on the brain

sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and good luck with it

I didnt think to look at that.

It appears you are right. The I-pod cable instructions are wrong. It goes on the Slot on the brain.

Arggh. I should take a pic of where this darn thing is on my car. This is not going to be fun.

If any of you are familar i have a Lotus Exige S and its stuck up way back under the passenger side footwell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.