Kenwood KVT-512 video bypass??

I grounded a wire, connected it to one prong of the switch, connected the parking brake wire to the other prong of the switch. When you want to watch video you just have to click the toggle switch back and forth one complete time and you should be fine.

with the kenwood kvt-512 all you need to do is ground the parking brake with the ground. i just installed mine hope you enjoy it. however when i try to select a new background it will not let me change it or select the memory button to allow me to place a background in there help please

does the vehicle have a factory amp installed??if so you have to hook up the renote wire to that also so it will turn them on..on my jeep the factory wire for the amp was actually labeled power antenna..which i dont have..i connected and everything worked fine

i bought the axxis wiring harness because an 07 charger doesnt have a switched accessory wire. on the kenwood harness there is solid blue for power antenna, blue/white for an amp. on the axxis harness that adapts to the factory harness there is a solid blue wire which i assume is for a power antenna. I installed a h/u in another 07 charger and didnt need to hook up the blue/white wire.

with the kenwood kvt-512 all you need to do is ground the parking brake with the ground. i just installed mine hope you enjoy it. however when i try to select a new background it will not let me change it or select the memory button to allow me to place a background in there help please
you need to set your deck on standby to upload a wallpaper!

With my BMW I had to connect both the solid blue (pwr ant) wire and the blue with white stripe (p conn) to the solid blue wire from the factory harness.

It isn't obvious that either of these are needed as the KVT-512 has it's own power supply but the way most factory power amps are installed the power from the KVT-512 is not used and the car manufacturers power amp needs to be turned on.

If you are listening to the radio the pwr ant wire will turn on the power amp, this didn't seem obvious because the BMW doesn't have a power antenna. And when you are using the DVD player or the iPod connection you need the P Conn wire to turn on the car power amp as the ant pwr is disabled because you are no longer using the radio and Kenwood assumes you will not need the antenna so no power to this lead.

Solder all three wires together and you should have sound all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.