Kenwood KIV-BT900 USB/ Iphone / Ipod/ BT / ZUne / built in memory.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlejax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:Kenwood KIV-BT900

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Received this Labor Day weekend. installed it and didnt drive the car until yesterday. it has about 1hr time on it. works fine but I found a new PRS800 that I wanted more so this has to go. Bought it new off the net last week.

Kenwood's KIV-BT900 digital media receiver combines the convenience of built-in Bluetooth™ with an innovative, easy-to-use iPod® interface. Its 3" color TFT screen sports a multi-line display that makes it easy to check out song information when you're on the go. When you're parked, you can show videos from your iPod® or iPhone®, while an audio/video output allows you to send iPod video content to a rear screen when you're traveling.

Bluetooth built in

Bluetooth connectivity, designed for Kenwood by industry leader Parrot, is built into the receiver. You'll enjoy safe, hands-free calling with your compatible phone, with features like automatic muting of the music for incoming calls, downloaded phone books, and speed dialing of selected phone numbers.

iPod control at your fingertips

The KIV-BT900's volume knob operates like an iPod click wheel interface, with high-speed search keys positioned just to the right. You can jump straight into alphabet and percentage searches with the Search Mode key, while a favorites memory lets you pull up the tunes you really like without delay. The KIV-700 is compatible with your Zune player, too, offering charging and control when you plug in to the receiver's USB input.

You're not limited to iPod content — you can play music or check out pictures by connecting a thumb drive or other device to the USB input. An internal 512MB flash drive lets you store content internally.

Sound quality you'll enjoy

The KIV-900 brings a 22-watt per channel amplifier to the plate, and you can dial in the sound to match your taste with the 3-band parametric equalizer and other sound-shaping tools. The Digital E's crossover feature allows you to trim some of the lows out of your full-range speakers and adjust the low frequencies going to your sub, so your equipment plays more efficiently. If you're building a full system, the three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs make it easier to add amps and subs to the mix.

Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?

In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.

Note: Bluetooth compatibility with this receiver may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.

Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.

Get more info on this product

Details:

General features:

digital media receiver (doesn't play CDs)

built-in Bluetooth by Parrot for hands-free calling

internal 512MB flash drive

built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)

3-inch color TFT display

remote control

Audio features:

DSP features settings for car type, speaker size, digital time alignment, front and rear high-pass crossovers, and subwoofer low-pass crossover

3-band parametric equalizer with 8 presets

Supreme + technology to improve upper frequency response of compressed music files

Highway Sound compensates for road noise

dual-zone audio capabilities

Expandability:

iPod direct control via USB input — cable included

Zune control and charging

compatible with Kenwood's satellite radio and HD Radio™ tuner

inputs: rear USB and auxiliary inputs

outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)

Other features and specs:

compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)

Price:$200

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:free

Item Pictures:

kiv-bt900gentlejax002.jpg

kiv-bt900screen001.jpg

kiv-bt900screen005.jpg

kiv-bt900screen006.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

****! I may want this! Let me think about it for a minute... I have a Kenwood deck, but have been wanting the media player deck. The screen is nice. But yes, I would take an 800 or 880 anyday, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...