kenwood kdc X693 good enough?

rosshimself13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
GC, il
new o car audio basically and i need a head unit not trying to go active because im new and dont fully understand how i would even do it i see head units that have like 5 band parametric eq's and 7 band... what is needed for decent sq not going to compete and i am in Iraq so i cant listen to any h/u let alone several for a beginner would this be a good choice even though it has nice features like T/A.. but nothing active

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good head unit. I put one in my girlfriend's car and she really likes it for it's simplicity. I like it because it's cheap, it gave me enough tuning options to get her car sounding good, and it's got full iPod control. It also lets you control an iPod by hand instead of through the HU if you want. It's definitely worth the money.

I've had mine in for about 2 weeks now and I love it. Not saying it's the best deck available but for someone not trying to go above and beyond their means, this is a great deck. Very good sound control, nice preouts, and the display can be changed to match just about any interior. Lots more good but too long to list. I doubt you'll be disappointed especially if you're new to this.

well with all the words of encouragement i pulled the trigger on this one... thanks for the input guys i wont hear it til may but when that time comes i will know if like it or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.