kenwood kac-9102d HELP PLEASE!!! ( is it blown?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

nicksredline
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so i just purchessed a kac-9102d amp on ebay... great condition ( tested and working).. but now that i got the amp i cant get the power light to turn on.. i am going to check tomarow and hook my rca's up to it and see if puts out power to the subs.. if it does than i dont car but i opened it up and nothing is poped or burnt inside. i smelled it for burns and i could not smell anything i checked everything i could posably think of and nothing seems rong any clue as to what could be the problem?

i checked the wires running to the light and those also look just fine.

when i hook it up every now and then ile get a little spark and crackel from the power wire and thats about it... also when i put the fuses in it felt ver loose like they could fall out. i gave them a little twist and put them in( very tight now) and theres no problems there.

final coment: i have the same edzact amp and i hooked this 1 up to the same wires and i got no power light but i dident think to hook up the rca's and the speaker wire and see if it put power to the subs. Well hopefully tomarow this will crank the juice i want to the speakers... if it does ile just put me in a new led and be set. but if anyone has had this happen before and it was something stupid please tell me. ( i jumped the wire from my power to the remote so i dident have to hook that up from my switch .. could that be doing anything?)

bump just wana see if anyone has had a problem with there led going out before? i dont know what elce the problem could be pelase help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ok well since i got no help on here... i figured out it was the led it puts power to the subs but the led is burnt.. i put another led in it and pop lol i was like ok well maby i just wont use a light. it burnt 2 led's trying to hook them up so i said screw it aslong as it works ile be good with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.