Kenwood Excelon KAC-X501F & KAC-X401M $170 shipped for the PAIR!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSTALN
10+ year member

Dismember
Pair of old-school Kenwood SQ powerhouse amps.

KAC-x501F 4 channel and matching KAC-X401M mono amp

$90 EACH SHIPPED OR $170 FOR THE PAIR

Don't let the specs fool you...people who have used/installed this series of amps knows they are very under-rated and SQ oriented.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/Global/Consumer/Manuals/kacx501f.pdf

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/Global/Consumer/Manuals/KACX401M.pdf

KAC-X501F: Good condition considering it's age. Works 100% with the exception of:

-Front channels very rarely develop static...this is from the crossover selector switch, switch it off-then back on and the issue goes away. This has happened to me 3 times in over 10 years of faithful service from these amps. All three times the amp was mounted right next to a 15inch sub...so I may have been rattling it loose.

KAC-X401M: Good condition considering it's age. Works 100% with the exception of:

-Fan cover mechanical door stays in the 'OPEN' position. This does not impead any functions of the amp or it's controls because the "OPEN' position exposes both the cooling fan and the sound controls.

-The sub-sonic frequency selector switch does work but it requires a pick tool (right angle seems to work best) to move the switch. The switches on these models are very small and are recessed, the lil plastic part broke off the switch and like I stated just needs a pick tool to adjust.

I can't say enough about these amps. I hate to see them go...but times, vehicles, and systems change. For those who can appreciate these amps, this is a hell-ova-deal. For those who can't get past that name 'Kenwood' on the front, these aren't for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...