Kenwood DDX-419 HU EQ help

Participant count
  • Participant list

xterra-bull

USA
I recently had a Kenwood DDX-419 professionally installed by a local car audio shop in my 2007 Xterra. They also ripped out the stock speakers and replaced them with Memphis speakers.

The bass and mid audio seem to be playing great. It's the highs that are just too high, and seem to distort at a volume greater than 20, which really isn't that loud yet. I'd like to dampen the high frequencies a little and take the edge off if I could, but no matter what I do in the EQ, it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take it back to the shop and have them tune it.

The HU EQ/crossover settings are meant to only really fine tune... if you have components, the crossovers can be adjusted for the tweeters. Otherwise, just play around with the HPF on your amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.