JVC KW-NT800HDT losing sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

vstone48

Hey guys, how's it going? So I got a 2003 GMC Yukon with the factory Bose system and was in the process of installing the double din unit in myself (would have been the first time). So bought the Axxess GMOS-04 Class II and the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control modules. I began to solder the wires together following the instructions and I believe everything went smoothly. The power, ground, and constant 12 needed to be tapped into I believe so I left those for later. But then with the addition of a remote start alarm system, automated window modules, and a back-up camera I decided to have an audio shop install the rest of the stuff including what was left of the double din unit. I picked up my yukon and everything was working fine so I payed the audio shop and left. As I was driving I realized there was no sound coming from the sound system but i figured i just had to adjust the settings or something and didn't have time to pull over and check things out. When I got home, I tried to mess with the double din but had to go to school so I just ignored it. I called the shop the next day and they told me to bring it in. When I got there I turned the car off and went inside to talk the shop. They took everything apart and nothing seemed wrong so they assumed it was the GMOS-04 module that was messed up but didn't have any in stock to try replacing it but when they put the DD back in everything started to work. Sound was coming out of the DD just fine. S i went home and turned off my Yukon. Later that night I got back in and the sound wasn't working again. Went back to the shop and they gave me a speech about why I shouldn't buy parts online next time and how they used to not install anything that wasn't bought from the store. But as I turned the car on to leave it started working again and one of the workers said that my stock sub wasn't working and probably shorting the amp. he suggested I cut the sub wires next time it happens. So the next day, it didn't work again and I cut the wires but nothing happened. Since then sound will come on some days and then go a couple days with no sound. Today It seemed to work fine multiple times but then the last time I went outside and checked it wasn't working. I really don't want to go back to the store since it is 30-40 min away from me and I'm assuming they are going to try to sell me some other module. If anyone has any idea of what is going on please let me know, I need to get this fixed already. Thank you so much for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.