JVC Headunits

Participant count
  • Participant list
I almost bought a KD SH1000. From reviews I've read, they are pretty nice for the price, and in the case of the KD SH1000 you get features never before available at that price range. Very few reviews I've read had issues with them. But, some did nonetheless. In the end, the only reason I was going to buy the SH1000 is for temporary use, but I doubt I'd run one as a permanent unit. But, thats just me.

I have the kd-avx77 it's ok good Ipod interface but the sound settings leave a little to be desired my old alpine that was active ready walked on this in features but that thing is dead and gone and if you find one now a days it's about at the end of it's life, but sound quality of the jvc is'nt bad I forgot what the pre-out voltage is but it's high, screen/picture quality is excellent the only thing that bothers me is when setting x-over freq. you can't set them independently if you set the high's to 125hz your sub is now set to 125hz, so I use the amp instead but other then that one thing everything else is good

I actually have a JVC arsenal sitting on my passengers seat rite now with my old deck riped out. its just waiting to be wired up. Will find out tomorrow

Their menu layout is not that great. Otherwise, I'd place them above Sony in the budget oriented brands. Bang for buck, they are hard units to beat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.