JVC dvd decks w/ipod, anyone?

HawaiianBassHed
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Pahoa,HI
mostly wondering if I run an Ipod adapter on an avx-810 do I need to use the a/v rca cable AND USB? seems as though it'll take the place of one a/v input since it has both connections? I can't see how it'd need rca's if the usb did it all. I don't have an Ipod yet or the deck, but I ordered an Ipod and adapter for my wife's car and I have a jvc dvd in there, but it's not compatable with video type I don't think. it has usb and the usb doesn't display in the video out only on the decks display. I have a jvc dvd in my truck, but it's even older than hers so I don't even have a usb on it. figured on upgrading for a whlie. but I figure might as well run a video ipod if I won't have to pull out my gaming setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I guess if I have to choose one I'll keep the video games LOL

Share these guides with all friends here.

Share : how to convert DVD and video to iPhone,iPod,Zune,PSP , etc

Download Ultimate DVD + Video Converter Suite at click here

Part 1:Convert DVD movie to iPhone, iPod touch/classic/video/nano, Zune, PSP, etc

Part 2:Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG, etc to iPhone, iPod touch/classic/video/nano, Zune, PSP, etc

It is easy-to-use and the converting speed is fast! After testing, all formats conversions work well, the output audio and image quality is excellent! Let's view the steps.

Part 1: Convert DVD movie to iPhone, iPod touch/classic/video/nano, Zune, PSP, etc

1.Download the latest version Ultimate DVD Video Converter Suite at click here and install it.

dvd-video-ipod1.jpg

2. Run the Ultimate DVD Converter, load your DVD by clicking 'Open DVD' button or choosing 'Open DVD' from 'File' drop down menu. One or several titles appear in the list after loading DVD.

dvd-video-ipod2.jpg

3. Profile select. You can choose all video formats: iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, Pocket P.C and so on. iPod MPEG4 Movie(.mp4) is the default DVD for iPod video quality. Set the appropriate format as you like.

dvd-video-ipod3.jpg

4. Output settings. Set your Audio/Video output Settings and tick appropriate parameters.

dvd-video-ipod4.jpg

5. Choose the pathname where you want to save your video files by clicking the right button of Output table. When everything is setted well, click the 'Convert' button to start converting.

Tips:

Tip1: Crop---- Choose the crop mode

Tip2: Resize-------Choose the output size you need

Set Crop to "Crop both black bands" and resize to be "stretch to full screen" if you don't need to keep the subtitle.

Set crop to "Crop the upper black band" so you can keep the subtitle in the down black band.

dvd-video-ipod5.jpg

Tip3: Mode

Direct mode, you can convert the main movie directly.

Batch mode, you can choose the chapter you need to convert.

Part 2: Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG, etc to iPhone, iPod touch/classic/video/nano, Zune, PSP, etc

1.Download the latest version Ultimate DVD Video Converter Suite at click here and install it.

dvd-video-ipod6.jpg

2. Run the Ultimate Video Converter, load the video files you'd like to convert by clicking 'Open file' button.

dvd-video-ipod7.jpg

3. Profile select. You can choose all video formats: iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, Pocket P.C and so on. iPod MPEG4 Movie(.mp4) is the default DVD for iPod video quality. Set the appropriate format as you like.

4. Output settings. Set your Audio/Video output Settings and tick appropriate parameters.

5. Choose the pathname where you want to save your video files by clicking the right button of Output table. When everything is setted well, click the 'Convert' button to start converting.

Tips:

Tip1: Crop---- Choose the crop mode

Tip2: Resize-------Choose the output size you need

Set Crop to "Crop both black bands" and resize to be "stretch to full screen" if you don't need to keep the subtitle.

Set crop to "Crop the upper black band" so you can keep the subtitle in the down black band.

Tip3: Mode

Direct mode, you can convert the main movie directly.

Batch mode, you can choose the chapter you need to convert.

Download Ultimate DVD + Video Converter Suite at click here

mostly wondering if I run an Ipod adapter on an avx-810 do I need to use the a/v rca cable AND USB?
Kinda confused on what you're asking?

Most aftermarket ipod adapters will plug right into the cd-changer port on your stereo.

Most aftermarket ipod adapters will plug right into the cd-changer port on your stereo.
this is how i run my ipod on my JVC. idk if it'll do video though. i havent tried because i am too cheap to buy an ipod link cable for my computer to up some vids...

this is how i run my ipod on my JVC. idk if it'll do video though. i havent tried because i am too cheap to buy an ipod link cable for my computer to up some vids...
I'd honestly be pretty surprised if it played video through an ipod .

As one of mobile devices fans, I was looking for a valuable all-in-one converter that not only can rip DVD and convert video, but also backup my ipod files to my computer. Recently my friend recommend me the Best DVD Converter Suite — Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite that can meet my needs. Now I will share with you.

This Best DVD Converter Suite actually includes three useful software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer.

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite supports almost all the portable devices, such as: Google phone,PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2,Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc. You can enjoy your favorite DVD and video files on them.

dvd-converter-suite.jpg

Key Functions

1. Convert DVD and any video/audio to the various video/audio formats

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software could easily convert DVD and any video to the various video/audio formats such as MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc.

2. Transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC

It could easily transfer your songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC, then you can backup the videos or songs, you also could transfer them to another iPod or iPhone through the iPhone transfer software.

3. Support almost all popular portable players

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software can convert DVD and video to all the popular devices: PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc.

4. Easy and powerful editing function (Merge, Trim, Crop)

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software offers powerful editing functions such as merging multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file, trimming any clip of video or DVD, cropping video size and so forth.

5. Easy to use

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite is very user-friendly and easy to use. Only a few clicks to complete the conversion with supervising the whole process on real time.

Key Features

1. Merge multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides an easy way to combine and join multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file. Just select the DVD chapters, titles or videos you want to join and check the “merge into one file” check box you can finish it easily.

2. Cut any clip of video (Trim)

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides “Trim” function to help you cut any clip from the original video. You can set the “Start Time” and “End Time” of the clip you want to get or just drag the slide bar to the accurate position to achieve it.

3. Crop Video Size

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software allows you to remove black edge of your movie and get any playing area of the video by using its “Crop” function. You can also select the “Zoom” mode to extrude your video slightly to adjust to your portable devices so you can get the best video quality.

4. Capture your favorite image

If you like the current image of the video you can use the “Snapshot” option. Just click the “Snapshot” button the image will be saved and you can click the “Open” button next to “Snapshot” button to open your picture.

5. Support Preview

You can preview the source video and edited video.

6. All Encoders and Decoders are built in

Full support all popular video and audio formats.

7. Fastest Conversion Speed

Provide the fastest conversion speed (>300%), completely support dual core CPU.

I used to buy a lot of DVDs, but since I split my time between the US and Europe, I found that half my discs wouldn't play on my Powerbook. Apple only lets you switch regions five times (though the studios actually say you're allowed to do this 25 times -- Apple actually imposes more restrictions than it has to), so I quickly ran out of region-switches and just gave up on DVDs for a while.

Thanks, DVD Converter Suite for Mac, for giving me back the access to my property that the MPAA and Apple took away.

This DVD Converter Suite for Mac actually includes two useful software: DVD Ripper for Mac and Video Converter for Mac.

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

dvd-converter-suite-sc.jpg

Key Functions:

1. Rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Rip DVD on Mac to AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB… video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3…audio formats.

2. Convert any video to almost all popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Aiseesoft Video Converter for Mac is a professional Mac Video Converter that can convert between all popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB...video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3...audio formats.

3. Support all popular portable players

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

4. Provide all your wants of DVD and video editing

Video trimming, movie cropping and video effecting to cater what you need.

For Windows user i found this Best DVD Converter Suite which actually includes three useful software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer. With it you can easily convert DVD and video to all the popular formats, transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC with super fast conversion speed and excellent image and sound quality.

I used to buy a lot of DVDs, but since I split my time between the US and Europe, I found that half my discs wouldn't play on my Powerbook. Apple only lets

you switch regions five times (though the studios actually say you're allowed to do this 25 times -- Apple actually imposes more restrictions than it has

to), so I quickly ran out of region-switches and just gave up on DVDs for a while.

Thanks, DVD Converter Suite for Mac, for giving me back the access to my property that the MPAA and Apple took away.

This DVD Converter Suite for Mac actually includes two useful software:

DVD Ripper for Mac and Video Converter

for Mac.

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony

Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

dvd-converter-suite-sc.jpg

Key Functions:

1. Rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Rip DVD on Mac to AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB… video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3…audio formats.

2. Convert any video to almost all popular video and audio formats on Mac OS X

Aiseesoft Video Converter for Mac is a professional Mac Video Converter that can convert between all popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV,

WMV, DivX, XviD, MPEG-1/2, 3GP, 3G2, VOB...video formats, and MP3, AAC, AC3...audio formats.

3. Support all popular portable players

It is everything you need to rip your DVD videos and convert your video files on Mac OS X for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, iRiver, Sony

Walkman, Nokia, Creative Zen, Archos, PMP, Smart Phone, Pocket PC, cell phone, MP4 player, MP3 player, and many other video and audio players.

4. Provide all your wants of DVD and video editing

Video trimming, movie cropping and video effecting to cater what you need.

For Windows user i found this Best DVD Converter Suite which actually includes three useful

software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video

Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer. With it you can easily convert DVD and

video to all the popular formats, transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC with super fast conversion speed and excellent image and sound quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-CAR-STEREO-USB-AUDIO-VIDEO-CABLE-FOR-iPOD-KS-U20_W0QQitemZ270334377453QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Parts_Accessories?hash=item270334377453&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

do you see how it has USB Ipod dock and composite rca's... looks like it'll use my USB dock AND my a/v ins on the deck all at the same time to run the ipod videos. I have a video capable Ipod now that's on the list of Ipods that run video with that cable to the deck. was just curious if it'd use my decks a/v ins as I have a gamecube I like to play sometimes so I may need to use a selector which is what I have now but was trying to get rid of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I can make it work either way, but I'd rather not have to use an audio video selector to change input source from Ipod to video games //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I know the spamming is unreal lol

Alright I did a pioneer install that had the same setup. What it is is the usb that you plug into controls the ipod and the rca wires send the audio and video to the head unit and yes it takes up one set of your aux inputs or your only set its no all in the usb port. I know its corny another reason I go with alpine all in one wire.

got me a kw-avx820 sweet deck 1st time having a touch screen and it has all the proximity sensor stuff and built in full speed ipod crap only audio for video I still need a ks-U20 or KS-U30

so now the only question is whats the difference between a 20 and 30? they both look like the same sh!t but the newer one KS-U30 costs twice as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so if they're the same I want the 20.. both charge Ipods and both are for video, just the 30 says it's compatible with Itouch and Iphones... ehh, questions questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.