Just bought a vibe litebox stereo 4

Just bought one for my uncle. I sold his kac-x40 on ebay and he wanted this to replace it.

Anybody i know on here have experience with them? I have read a few threads about them being identical to arc mini's but nobody ever came back to say how they sounded or compared to a arc.

I btw will come back and give my 2 cents on it when it gets here , but until then anybody got anything bad or good to say about them??

i have seen side by side guts comparisons and it looks to be the same design. Just hundreds cheaper. I was hoping someone had ran one so i could know what to expect when it gets here.

Its gonna be running (4) 6" seleniums and a pair of ST350 horns crossed over through dayton 4,500hz 2 way crossovers.

I saw these on sonic electronix the other day. They really interest me for some reason. They look to be quality built but I wish they had a closer pic of the circuit board. I'd like to see the layout up close. They have a little class d as well that is strappable . Looks like promising stuff for stealthy or small installs.

So , I got it in today. Great sounding amp , very powerful for such a small size but in the end it is heading back to sonicelectronix for a refund. Within 5 to 10 minutes of playing at high volume it was too hot to touch. I check all the usual suspects , voltage was at 13.5-.8 at full tilt at the amp , gains were respectably set at between minimum and 1/4th , but it was running 2 channel bridged at 4 ohms. Pushing 4 Selenium 6's and a pair of selenium horns ran thru dayton 2 way crossovers , ohms load on the crossovers with all speakers connected was 3.9 which is just fine. But we opted to send it back because it would never last in the florida heat running that hot.

Did you give the amp a gap to breathe when you mounted it? The fan is on the bottom of the amp and needs a small gap to ventilate air or else it becomes hot as ****. When i first flushed mount my amp on my seat it became way to hot to touch but after giving it some air room the amp barely gets warm now.

Did you give the amp a gap to breathe when you mounted it? The fan is on the bottom of the amp and needs a small gap to ventilate air or else it becomes hot as ****. When i first flushed mount my amp on my seat it became way to hot to touch but after giving it some air room the amp barely gets warm now.
Yes , it just couldn't do 4 ohm bridged without running hot as hell.

Yes , it just couldn't do 4 ohm bridged without running hot as hell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.