JL w7 or Kicker L7

BiggDogg18

G g Personally i am wandering where these got in the same ball park, I heard a Tahoe with 4 15" L7 it sounded Very good,he's got 4 500/1 JL audio amps that slam the $h!t out of them, But of course with EVERY blessing there is a con too it,WELL the box is built to specs out of fiberglass and says on owners manual and tech support 2000 max power well 500/1might do 860 watts max and its blown up them 3 times and has went through 12 subs, the install is very clean and looks great its just i compare Kicker to say the new PPI, Audiobahn, MA audio, and that is the bells and whistles and looks but no performance, The JL w7 IS in a diffrent ball park and the 2- JL 13.5w7 actually beat the heck out of the Kickers and i never seen anything like the w7's it was crazy the fenders on the car bowed out over 4 in (we got pictures with measuring tape and it was stupid loud)I don't care who say's the JL w7's arnt built for spl too there on CRACK! Also there is a CON too it too, I think the W7's are a little high but the price is where it fits in on JL audio line up and also i think using 2 amps on the 13.5 isnt a smart thing too do we has alot of problems doing it on the 15,000 install...I know i will get slammed for my point of views but say if there was no $$$ on anything i think you would be crazy to ring out the L7 instead of the w7,Also i hear alot of talk on the brahmas or whatever...anyone actually hear these and use them?or are people just talking?let me know i wanna know how they do in competetions and see whats the pro's and cons to using the brahmas....Thanks EVERYONE!

i have seen a system here locally with 2 12w7's with 2 dei 1100's on em it does high 140's low 150's .....i have an incomplete dual L5 set up in an sq box and i hit reasonably close to that except i think i sound alot better the bass dont "jug" i broke in my l5's and they havent so much as popped yet. by reasonably close i mean without a doubt within 6 db..to our ears that is noticable but then again mine is sq and i have half the power plus im in a convertable

Well for the Brahma i've never heard it but people say blue print 03 is up there with the brahma and i would take it over w7. Its not that is dosent have SPL its just for the price of the w7 its not much more than a Sub in the $250-$450 price range.

numbers here suggest that in "like" non einstien set ups the w7 is about the same as the woofers that cost half as much and i still say it sounds "juggy" w6v2 sounds much better

yeah i have heard a W7 and an IDMAX but never a brahma. i honestly have to say an IDMAX tears the crap out of a W7 in SQ same box same car same watts were applied to both so i honestly have a direct comparison on the 2. now as far as SPL goes, i'd take a ton of woofer's for the price over a W7 hell, any JL product. not to knock them they are great company and great woofer, just slash the price by around 200bucks retail and they are great.

adam

it all comes down to 2 speakers, if you want to bass harder than anyone else, get the L7s and put them in the vented box ( tou've got to get the box custom made cuz it has a chamber in it) or if you want a true high quality bass than get the W7. they both take high wattage but the L7s are cheaper and will rattle thesh!t out of everything , plus the W7 needs a certified person to install those specific speakers. If you were to put it in yourself or by someone who doesn't handle JL( like tweeter) the warranty would drop from a 3 year warranty to a 3 month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.