JL 10W0-4 or Cerwin Vega HED 10SVC

The JL 10W0-4 is rated 125 Watts RMS, where as the Cerwin Vega HED 10SVC is rated 150 Watts RMS. So that rules out the power handling. I was just wondering if anyone knows sound quality wise. I know Cerwin Vega make awesome subs, but lately JL is making good subs as well. So which to go for????? I am leaning more to Cerwin but am looking for more input.

Thanks mr.cableboi for some help

hey-i have a cerwin vega 12 HED DVC and my bro has a 12W0.....if you want it to hit harder(prob rap) get the cerwin vega. if you listen to rock and other stuff and want more Sq get the JL. the cerwin vega i can tell u does hit harder, but id reccomend gettin a DVC because then you can run it in parralell or different configurations and it will be louder. If you definitely want more SQ then get the JL and run a little more power to it and it will hit as hard as the cerwin vega.

Dude a Wo would devistate a hed in almost all areas. That JL will take more power easily than that vega and will last longer too that series vega tends to not last long.

There are a split both ways for SPL competetors that use either or but I think that Cerwin is a heavier hitter. But I am looking for everyone's opinions so thanks.

I know I am talking the low end stuff by either company but money is tight and am looking for the best "BANG" for my buck

Go listen to them if you have a local Best Buy for the Vega's. You will have to find a specialty car audio store for the JL's.

I live in Canda, we don't have a Best Buy. But I know Cerwins hit hard. I have been to comps and they do extremely well. There aren't too many people around running either. But more so Rockford Fosgate. I would like to get a pair of Fosgates but I am starting with the cheaper. Just to start. Will upgrade quickly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.