Jensen CD615X

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scorpion
10+ year member

A friend of mine came to me today and had a very curious situation. The head unit in his Beretta is not working properly. He is telling me that when he starts the car the head unit will not power-up until 10 minutes into the drive.

Has this happened to anyone before? If it has what did you do to remedy the situation?

So this is what I told him to do: When the head unit has power set the clock on it. The next he drives it, see if the time is accurate or not. That should tell us something about the power supply, right?

He would like to keep the head unit in the car if possible (looks good to him). I am going to pull the head unit from the car on Tueasday and check for improper wiring, just need some advice.

Thanks

Definitely sounds like the power wires are hooked up goofy.

Reground the HU to bare scraped metal in the dash, the current ground may actually not be a proper ground.

Check the switched and constant power with a circuit tester or multimeter to ensure that are working as they should.

If all else fails take out the Head unit and test it in your house using any available 12v supply(car battery, battery charger, 2 6v batts in series).

If the unit fails testing when out of the car promptly return the unit for warranty at its place of purchase. If that is not possible contact Jensen directly and ask for an RA number for warranty repair then send the unit in to them, you will need to pay to ship to them but they will pay to ship back and most likely send you a new unit rather then repairing the old one..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.