J and J Electronics

na_rsx
10+ year member

Incriminator Audio FTW
J and J Electronics

3240 West 63rd Street

Chicago, IL 60629

(773)476-1334

Its kinda long, but trust me, its worth reading.

Stay away from this shop, i got my system installed, totally ****ed my **** up. I paid 300 for labor, and 100 for a Kicker 0 gauge dual amp kit. First off they didnt use the Kicker amp kit i paid for, they just used the power and ground wire, thats it. The distribution blocks where some generic ones. I saw this and immediately went back. They changed the fuse blocks to the Kickers, but still, this is stupid. The power wire coming from the battery, is just the ground cable (gray one, i know the power and ground are the same). The Kicker amp kit comes with the blue power with the wire loom to protect it, but i dont have that. That is problem one, oh yeah all the wires were rolled up into a ball and placed behind the amp rack. I told them to use black carpet, they used gray.

Second, i paid for them to connect 2 amps, a Nine.2x and a temporary Koiiler amp, Nine.2x for the 13Ov.3 and the Koiiler for my eDi 6000v.2 components. Everything seemed legit, sounded awesome. Then i bought a Pioneer 4 channel amp, since the Koiiler was acting up. I swapped out amps, and it sounded sweet. I paid for them to mount the crossovers with the amps, they didnt, they mounted it in the door, and later on i will find out why. I decided to take the door panels off and do it myself. Turns out they used the stock speaker wire for the input on the crossover. And they hacked into my stock speaker harness, and ran aftermarket speaker wire from there. So i decided to redo everything, and now it sounds 20x better.

So i go back to complaint, and demanding some money back, since i didnt get what i paid for. They just laugh, Steve the main installer came to the front and was just BS'ing me. He said they never run speaker wire through the doors, WTF, thats BS. When i redid everything myself, i ran the speaker wire though the door, yeah it was a ***** but i got it done. Which "professional shop" doesnt run speaker wire through the door. God i was so pissed, but i already filed a complaint with the BBB, and left bad reviews on all there sites.

Cliff notes:

J and J ****ed me over, they did a horrible job. All they want is your money, and your car out of there. They do not care about their customers. They do shitty work, if anyone got their installs done there, check it out man. You will be suprised to see the half ass work they do.

Also, i wanted the tweeters mounted in the side rear view mirror panels, they said they could do it. Horrible job, the panel doesnt even fit like it used to. I will post pics once i find them.

Oh yeah, since i was using components, the installer (Steve) said that the basket was too big, but he made them fit. When i heard this i was like, cool, but at the same time i was kinda worried. Turns out he hacked up the speaker hole, with like a saw or something. How professional is that, i wouldve thought since they fabricate stuff to, they couldve called me and told me "hey these speakers dont fit, we can make some spacers, but it will cost this much". I wouldve said ok, do the spacers and add it to my bill. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it all comes back to what i said. They want your car out of there asap. If it means ****ing up your door, so be it.

Sorry for the bad pics, they were taken with my Tmobile Dash.

Here you can see the panels arent put back right.

IMAGE_063.jpg

IMAGE_064.jpg

Here is how it looks once it was all done, pretty cool right, yeah i thought so too, remember this is the outside, visual part.

IMAGE_066.jpg

IMAGE_072.jpg

IMAGE_074.jpg

Ok this is how the back of the amp rack looked like

IMAGE_088.jpg

The blue remote wire, the end was just taped off, and he spliced into 2 seperate ones (green) for the 2 amps.

IMAGE_087.jpg

and this is what was connected to the crossover, the stock speaker wire, one looked like this, with caps, the other side, with electrical tape. Seems to me 1 guy did a door, and another did the other door lol.

IMAGE_089.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif j&j's did a pretty shitty install.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

my first installw as cleaner than that.
I bet, even a blind man can do a better install.

pwnage, lol, sorry about your loss, man but thats why you gotta do **** yourself. dont let no one else ever mess with your car.
Well after i took everything apart, i learned new and valuable things. If i knew then what i know now, i would be $400 richer. I even took the crossovers out from inside the door and mounted them below my back seat, i ran the wires through the carpet. I like how it looks. I did this all by myself.

IMAGE_093.jpg

IMAGE_094.jpg

j&j's did a pretty shitty install
Yes they did, i am sure everybody here does their own ****, i wish i was as smart as all of yous. Hopefully something that doesnt know like me, will find this thread useful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...