Is this a good deal on a FI SSD 15"?

The_Dealer

Senior VIP Member
Macon Ga
I'm not very familiar with FI subs, so I just wanted an opinion. I've got a guy wanting to trade me his 15" FI SSD dual 2ohm, and from the pictures it looks to be in pretty good condition. As long as everything checks out, what would a used one be worth?

The only thing throwing me off is that he's wanting to trade for my Diamond Audio Cm3 12". It is in a T-line so it hits pretty good, but still doesn't make sense as I know FI subs aren't exactly cheap when new. I paid $45 for the sub, so if I can trade him and sell the FI for a profit that would be awesome. What you guys think, should I jump on it? He says his fi won't fit his wife's new car and he had a Diamond Cm3 in the past and knows it's a good sub.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

I could get $150-$160 for my sub with T-line. It's awesome for low power systems, does 140+ on 270w-500w.

At the end of the day I paid 45 to bucks for it, I wouldn't mind trading it for something ive been wanting to play with. He's supposed to hit me up after lunch so I can check it out.

Thanks guys, I actually made off like a bandit on that deal. I threw it in an old box for my D6 15" to play around with for a little bit. A buddy called me trying to spend his tax money, and about an hour ago he bought the FI and box for $250. Not bad for a $45 investment, just wish everything would work out that good. Now I have enough for an amp I've had my eye on.

Fwiw, I wasn't impressed with the FI at all when compared to my D6 15.

Thanks guys, I actually made off like a bandit on that deal. I threw it in an old box for my D6 15" to play around with for a little bit. A buddy called me trying to spend his tax money, and about an hour ago he bought the FI and box for $250. Not bad for a $45 investment, just wish everything would work out that good. Now I have enough for an amp I've had my eye on.
Fwiw, I wasn't impressed with the FI at all when compared to my D6 15.

Im not surprised the d6's are cleaner and hit with good authority in small boxes too boot. I wasnt impressed with the ssd either.

I love my D6, can't wait until I get it back from PSI. I had mine in 3.43@31hz with 16.8sqin per cube of port, and it loved it. I'm going a little smaller with the next one around 3.15cuft

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.