Is High Output Enclosures still an active company?

ezarc
10+ year member

I bought a sub box from High Output Enclosures 2 weeks ago via eBay which come to over $420 (about US$320) including shipping.

I sent a message as requested in the listings for the options then followed up with another message a few days later but there was no reply. I then found they had a website and used the contact form on the website incase they weren't aware they made a sale on eBay or had messages there but that was over a week ago and still there is no reply.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

I have seen that the High Output Enclosures eBay account has received 2 feedback from sellers since I made my purchase with makes me think they may had made a purchase and been active on eBay since I made a purchase with them and they have left feedback for 6 purchases they have made on the High Output Enclosures eBay account in the last month.

I'd really like to get my sub box from them but after 2 weeks of trying to get an acknowledgment of my order without a single reply I'm starting to think I might have to make take actions to recover my money.

If anyone knows anything I'd like to know what's happened, I love the work they do from the pictures I have seen and would love a box from them but that $420+ is a lot of money to pay and then never hear from them after multiple attempts to make contact.

Thanks if anyone can shed some light on the issue.

[quote name='ezarc']I bought a sub box from High Output Enclosures 2 weeks ago via eBay which come to over $420 (about US$320) including shipping.

I sent a message as requested in the listings for the options then followed up with another message a few days later but there was no reply. I then found they had a website and used the contact form on the website incase they weren't aware they made a sale on eBay or had messages there but that was over a week ago and still there is no reply.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

I have seen that the High Output Enclosures eBay account has received 2 feedback from sellers since I made my purchase with makes me think they may had made a purchase and been active on eBay since I made a purchase with them and they have left feedback for 6 purchases they have made on the High Output Enclosures eBay account in the last month.

I'd really like to get my sub box from them but after 2 weeks of trying to get an acknowledgment of my order without a single reply I'm starting to think I might have to make take actions to recover my money.

If anyone knows anything I'd like to know what's happened, I love the work they do from the pictures I have seen and would love a box from them but that $420+ is a lot of money to pay and then never hear from them after multiple attempts to make contact.

Thanks if anyone can shed some light on the issue.[/QUOTE]

I dont think buck's high output enclosure on here is the same as the one on ebay man, most likely someone else, He might be also on a break. If you need an enclosure, just get your money back and hit up @CSCStang and he'll hook you up with a badass box for waaay less.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might do that. Although i am in Australia I'll ask but with High Output Enclosures they can do the the eBay international shipping program which makes it cheaper to ship.

I am pretty sure its the same company on eBay as it is here.

This is what I bought: Sundown Audio SA 8 V2 SA8V2 SA8V3 SA8 Premium Custom Ported Birch Wood BOX SA 8" | eBay

This is it on their website: Single 8" Custom Slot Ported Enclosure - Birch Wood Raw - High Output Enclosures

The phone number on the eBay listing is also the same number on their website and facebook page.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might do that. Although i am in Australia I'll ask but with High Output Enclosures they can do the the eBay international shipping program which makes it cheaper to ship.
I am pretty sure its the same company on eBay as it is here.

This is what I bought: Sundown Audio SA 8 V2 SA8V2 SA8V3 SA8 Premium Custom Ported Birch Wood BOX SA 8" | eBay

This is it on their website: Single 8" Custom Slot Ported Enclosure - Birch Wood Raw - High Output Enclosures

The phone number on the eBay listing is also the same number on their website and facebook page.
Can you do basic woodworking? Or contact someone local to you to build it.

Scroll down to "box and cutout sheets", there's blueprints with specified cuts to make for a proper box designed by sundown themselves.

Just download google sketch first.

SA Series

Yeah I have made boxes in sketchup and viewed the Sundown template for it as well.

I wanted birch plywood for its lightness as its going on a street and track car (will be removed and installed frequently), it costs a fortune here because its imported from the USA.

We have pine plywood here but I have read mostly negatives about using pine ply for sub boxes and speaker cabinets.

I do own a drill and a jigsaw but really wanted this birch box and its probably going to cost close to the same or more here to buy the birch ply than to have the whole box made in the US and shipped here.

There is a sub box builder in Australia on our eBay but the work isn't great and he only uses MDF, and pretty much the only Australian car audio forum is dead (most days its lucky if it gets 2-3 posts) and the few people there are no help at all.

I'd be open to using other kinds of ply but available locally but mostly its just pine with veneers.

Thanks again for your reply.

Yeah I have made boxes in sketchup and viewed the Sundown template for it as well.
I wanted birch plywood for its lightness as its going on a street and track car (will be removed and installed frequently), it costs a fortune here because its imported from the USA.

We have pine plywood here but I have read mostly negatives about using pine ply for sub boxes and speaker cabinets.

I do own a drill and a jigsaw but really wanted this birch box and its probably going to cost close to the same or more here to buy the birch ply than to have the whole box made in the US and shipped here.

There is a sub box builder in Australia on our eBay but the work isn't great and he only uses MDF, and pretty much the only Australian car audio forum is dead (most days its lucky if it gets 2-3 posts) and the few people there are no help at all.

I'd be open to using other kinds of ply but available locally but mostly its just pine with veneers.

Thanks again for your reply.
do you have arauco plywood?

They replied to my eBay message about a week ago saying they were busy moving (for 3+ weeks) and asked me not to leave bad feedback.

I replied and now again I have not heard from them for a week while they still have my money.

Overall its been a month, they have my $420+, are not making my box, are not refunding my money and the only time I hear from them is to ask not to leave bad feedback.

Also I didn't want to point it out before but their recent eBay purchases are with stores that sell drug paraphernalia, so I can only guess what my money was already spent on. I might be jumping to assumptions but with no contact from "Buck" I can only guess what's really going on.

just get a money back and dont leave feedback. If its a box for simple 8", just build it with MDF. The box wont be heavy man. Aussies are tough arent they? A little 25lb box should be nothing for you. I used to swap a 15 in and out in a ported 3/4 mdf box all the time and it wasn't too bad.

Its not worth that much money just to save on 3 or 4 lbs of wood weight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ezarc

10+ year member
ezarc
South Australia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from