is a sanyo woth buying??

1rockford1
5,000+ posts

Banned
whats up guy is the past i had a 26 lcd sanyo it was ok at best i thought it was kinda blah. i had a samsung 42plasma it was a 720 i sold it cuz i needed some extra cash. make a long story short im thinking of geting another tv. it has to b at least 40 inch or bigger. i work for walmart and i get 10% off so i wana try to buy from walmart. i was looking at the sanyo dp50740. its s 50inch plasma 720 ,60 hz refresh rate etc etc. i know most people will say lcd 42 1080 is the way to go. i know the ghosting effect is a issue but i wont leave it on all day. i wana add i did have a plasma and i had no issue. i know the 720 is not what everyone is buying but i did not mind it befor. i did see there was some issues with its life span. would any one b able to help me out and let me know what they think. i was lookin in to the sanyo 46 lcd 1080 for like 50 bucks less but it got so so reviews. i dont know where to look for reviews so if any one can get me info thanks

sorry it should say worth but whatever. thanks

i wana get a ps3 again lol i had to sell it to, im readin a few vewies from walmarts website and people that have had it for a few weeks to a few months say its good. im just nervous it will last more then 12 months a few people have had a issue with it. i just need some people that know about plasma tvs to give me a hand. i cant go in to a store and ask they will sell me somthing there told to sell.

i wana get a ps3 again lol i had to sell it to, im readin a few vewies from walmarts website and people that have had it for a few weeks to a few months say its good. im just nervous it will last more then 12 months a few people have had a issue with it. i just need some people that know about plasma tvs to give me a hand. i cant go in to a store and ask they will sell me somthing there told to sell.
You can't base your purchases on those reviews, because lots of people are too stupid to write up a product. One guy gave my tv 1 out of 5 stars because the remote didn't work. And that was within the first couple negative reviews I read. The tv is definitely nothing special, but for $500-ish it's just fine. When you buy a cheap ass television you can't expect it to perform like a high end model that costs 3x as much...

there is some bad reviews for the 46 lol. im nervous it will burn out in a year or so. thats even for the 50 thats what im nervous of. not the 720 im kinda iffy about the the ps3 ghosting effect hmm

i just got back from walmart to take a look at what they had.(i went to a diff one) i like how the 50inch was looking. this store had a better connection and at this point my only issue would b will it last hmmm. i did see a 42inch vizio or some sh it like that . idk any one wana help out please do. im looking to spend 700 and under.

i went on sears website they have a few 50inchs for sale. i can get a samsung 50 720 for like 780 shipped to my door. there is a panasonic for like 760 or so shipped to my door. now im thinking how the f uck is walmart selling a sanyo for 700 in there store? has any one been to sears as of late do they have these 50inch tvs for sale in there stores ?

what did you end up buying? and how do you feel about it? I am looking at the same problems you are, i was thinking of purchasing the walmart sanyo 50' DP50740 and many of the reviews are only 2 - 7 weeks while everything over a year or two is bad due to tv failure. of course, after that much time how many people would really take the time to go back and review unless there was a problem that pissed them off...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1rockford1

5,000+ posts
Banned
1rockford1
soon to be upstate ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date