Is a Capacitor worth it?

tough guy??? Look at your post and read it as if someone else was saying it and you will see what i mean you sound like a a bitchy ass woman
I HAVE read it. Unless you don't have good reading for comprehension skills you're lying about how it sounds. I took the time to share my system and talk about the slight difference. How is that bitching? You just felt like attacking me because I have proven you wrong. Undoubtedly you have spread the same lies everyone else here has and you've been proven wrong and you look foolish. Surely that's why you're in here attacking me for no reason at all.

DO you think I care about respect on an audio forum? I don't want forum cronies who worship me. I am just treating you all like you treat everyone else. Get used to it bishes. I honestly don't care if you come to my website. I put that sig on there a year or two ago. When I made it, I didn't realize there were so many other car audio sites out there. Now that I know, I've realized it's pretty pointless. What I DO know though, is that a lot of you think you know about things but have absolutely no clue. Since I have taken the time to become educated through school and research, I thought I'd straighten you out. When I say anything you all attack me. Well I'm right. I have proven it and backed it up again and again. You all ignore it and keep lying.... but at the end of the day you know I'm right and you're just too childish to admit it.
So go back to your barren website and jerk off into your EE degree or whatever the hell you have. Believe me, CA will happily survive without your input.

...I am just treating you all like you treat everyone else. Get used to it bishes...
Uh, just what exactly have I written in this thread to you directly that would cause you to think you can be such a jerk in response??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Like I said, I was simply asking questions. I'm not griping about who is right and who is wrong...simply trying to garner some knowledge man. You gotta chill dude! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

So go back to your barren website and jerk off into your EE degree or whatever the hell you have. Believe me, CA will happily survive without your input.
Unfortunately for you I am here to stay. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself and I won't make you look like the idiot you are anymore.

I HAVE read it. Unless you don't have good reading for comprehension skills you're lying about how it sounds. I took the time to share my system and talk about the slight difference. How is that bitching? You just felt like attacking me because I have proven you wrong. Undoubtedly you have spread the same lies everyone else here has and you've been proven wrong and you look foolish. Surely that's why you're in here attacking me for no reason at all.
actually boss you have been proving me right i didnt say anything about your system or your logic to anything i just said in that last post you sound like a bitch and with every reply you become more and more bitchy. So please tell me what lies have i spread because honestly i dont have a extra battery or a cap in my system and havent tried to give anyone advice till now and here it is.

Stop while your ahead and have atleast a shred of self respect trust me you will thank me in the long run //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

To be completely fair, eCrack...you keep saying 'proven' and 'it's already been proven in this thread' etc. But you see, what honestly needs to be done to end all debate about capacitors, batteries, and charging systems is to get together a good handful of reputible people + vehicles with different types of setups, charging systems, cars, and so on and make an actual test with real numbers and statistics involved showing beyond any doubt that what everyone says about a certain item's usage is either false or correct.

This will probably never happen because it will definitely take time, equipment, and money but it would certainly be nice to actually have data to point people to of multiple tests done on the topic.

And im talking analyzers and meters of all sorts that would be reading the cleanliness of the output of the audio components, voltage readouts, amperage draws from everything....pretty much analyzing everything that changes etc. when a component of the charging system is changed/taken out/put into a setup under real-world scenarios

Uh, just what exactly have I written in this thread to you directly that would cause you to think you can be such a jerk in response??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Like I said, I was simply asking questions. I'm not griping about who is right and who is wrong...simply trying to garner some knowledge man. You gotta chill dude! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
You were one of the few I wasn't referring to.

To be completely fair, eCrack...you keep saying 'proven' and 'it's already been proven in this thread' etc. But you see, what honestly needs to be done to end all debate about capacitors, batteries, and charging systems is to get together a good handful of people with different types of setups, charging systems, cars, and so on and make an actual test with real numbers and statistics involved showing beyond any doubt that what everyone says about a certain item's usage is either false or correct.
This will probably never happen because it will definitely take time, equipment, and money but it would certainly be nice to actually have data to point people to of multiple tests done on the topic.
I suppose I don't see what's still up for contention? I mistakenly said I proved something... I merely recited what I know to be truth that others... long before me have proven. You say capacitors have absolutely 0 value and that is obviously not the case. You say that batteries discharge above the level of their charge... and while they might near the alternator's charge a few tenths of a volt higher than their resting voltage and discharge a few milliamps before they get to their rest voltage AFTER the voltage has dropped for some reason whether it be the engine shut off or a heavy current draw.... the batts do not have any sort of significant discharge above their resting voltage. It's proven. It's obvious.

Im just saying a nice test with numbers would be a lot better than everyone just talking about it, good sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You were one of the few I wasn't referring to.
Phew! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyways, I'm posting my questions as I am not a fan of HUGE bass and rap/hip hop. Those happen to two of the genres of music I really don't care for. No offense to those who do.

I'm just curious if a cap or additional battery would help my specific system. I'm a bigger fan of sound "quality" than I am of sound "quantity" and want to get the most out of what I have. I'm really not looking to make it bigger and badder...just sounding better. Like I said, my music tastes run from hard rock to classical.

I've read this entire thread like three times. I feel like I am spinning in circles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
OK, so, here's my question:

I've got a 145amp OEM alternator. I've got a Kinetik HC2000 102Ah battery. I've got a 1,000W RMS max audio system (see my sig for details). I've done the "Big 3". (again, see my sig)

If my lights are dimming (slightly) at "high" volume (high for me is like 21-23 volume on an Alpine CDA-9887 that has a max. volume setting of 35), where is the problem and what would be the solution? Another battery? An HO alternator? A cap?

Please, please, PLEASE don't start getting all pissy and upset. I'm just asking a question. There may be more than one way to get to the answer, and I know you guys are simply trying to help and provide us your knowledge. Don't get personal, just help a dude out. K? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Is that Kinetik your front battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.