Is a Capacitor worth it?

In my case, I have an upgraded alt, agm batt, and 2 runs of 1/0 to the back for 1000 watt class d sub amp and ~400 watt a/b amp for mids and highs.I use an old Rockford fosgate bd1000a1 for subs and a boston acoustics gt40 for my mids. None of this is junk. I have done the big 3. My grounds are all connected directly to the frame. There is minimal resistance in my electrical system. If I'm listening to mp3's you can't tell the difference. They always sound slightly muddy. If I'm listening to a cd the sq is slightly diminished without my caps. I use all boston acoustics speakers.

I can understand why a lot of you think caps are pointless because you just get in and listen to your rap just to hear a long fart, get people's attention and hear skanky people lie to you about what they have, who they've slept with, who they want to kill, etc. You don't know what sound quality actually is.

To those of us who don't want a loud fart box but want to feel like we're immersed in the music, we can tell the difference between a properly regulated electrical system and an improperly regged one.

My midbass gets snappier with my 3 farads of ultra low esr electrolytic capacitance. My highs get less harsh, etc. I also, have 0 voltage drop. Now don't get me wrong, there is no HUGE difference and truthfully I could live without them. They DO help if properly implemented. They are not very expensive. If you know what you're doing they can be worthwhile. THat is the end of the story. They are not for everyone, but for the true audiophile they help out.
I competed in SQ in the late 90's and ended up unhooking my caps, my best 2 scores were done via capless and one was at a high end IASCA regional.

I can understand why a lot of you think caps are pointless because you just get in and listen to your rap just to hear a long fart, get people's attention and hear skanky people lie to you about what they have, who they've slept with, who they want to kill, etc. You don't know what sound quality actually is.
Boy, you're just one big fvcking ray of sunshine, aren't you?

i think it all comes down to sound quality

some people just like the music as loud as possible and cant hear the difference(coz there systems are always clipping)

where as people who are after high quality can hear the difference and like it

so cap vs batt is down to

quality vs volume

good day to u all

and have fun if u carry this on

In my case, I have an upgraded alt, agm batt, and 2 runs of 1/0 to the back for 1000 watt class d sub amp and ~400 watt a/b amp for mids and highs.I use an old Rockford fosgate bd1000a1 for subs and a boston acoustics gt40 for my mids. None of this is junk. I have done the big 3. My grounds are all connected directly to the frame. There is minimal resistance in my electrical system. If I'm listening to mp3's you can't tell the difference. They always sound slightly muddy. If I'm listening to a cd the sq is slightly diminished without my caps. I use all boston acoustics speakers.

To those of us who don't want a loud fart box but want to feel like we're immersed in the music, we can tell the difference between a properly regulated electrical system and an improperly regged one.

My midbass gets snappier with my 3 farads of ultra low esr electrolytic capacitance. My highs get less harsh, etc. I also, have 0 voltage drop. Now don't get me wrong, there is no HUGE difference and truthfully I could live without them. They DO help if properly implemented. They are not very expensive. If you know what you're doing they can be worthwhile. THat is the end of the story. They are not for everyone, but for the true audiophile they help out.

at first i thought you knew a lil bit about what you was talkin bout but this post just proves your a whiny lil bitch

Oh yeah well my e-penis is bigger than yours! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Im not saying caps are totally worthless, I'm just not going to go overboard and say they can or will make or break a system.

For what? Nothing scientific can be decided by "consensus" because you will always have more stupid people in the world than smart. That's a proven fact. That's why most people will always live in squallor. There needs to be scientific fact behind each answer. In this case, we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that capacitors have their purpose. We have also proven that if you compare a battery vs. capacitor you are an idiot because they are dissimilar in their uses. We have also proven that there is no replacement for a large enough alternator... so what did the consensus decide on?
Dude, chill out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I was just asking a question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Naw man, believe me I don't give two sh!ts about you, your system, your website, or whatever else you're hoping will garner some respect around here. I judge people by the content of their character and you're about as pleasant to interact with as wiping my ass with a cactus.

Naw man, believe me I don't give two sh!ts about you, your system, your website, or whatever else you're hoping will garner some respect around here. I judge people by the content of their character and you're about as pleasant to interact with as wiping my ass with a cactus.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

i think it all comes down to sound qualitysome people just like the music as loud as possible and cant hear the difference(coz there systems are always clipping)

where as people who are after high quality can hear the difference and like it

so cap vs batt is down to

quality vs volume

good day to u all

and have fun if u carry this on
When I set up my firebird the only way it would clip is if I messed with the gains on my eqt's, also having cd3 ultra horns if you clipped you **** sure WELL knew that because they crackle more than produce clean sound LOL.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/threadlocked.gif.19972dacc919d20277442a45eb2e99e6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/highhorse.gif.6bbb570c3f53dc0dcce8a2b8ad05cf11.gif

Who was whining you loser e-toughguy? You obviously don't know wtf you're talking about. I have PROVEN I do...
tough guy??? Look at your post and read it as if someone else was saying it and you will see what i mean you sound like a a bitchy ass woman

DO you think I care about respect on an audio forum? I don't want forum cronies who worship me. I am just treating you all like you treat everyone else. Get used to it bishes. I honestly don't care if you come to my website. I put that sig on there a year or two ago. When I made it, I didn't realize there were so many other car audio sites out there. Now that I know, I've realized it's pretty pointless. What I DO know though, is that a lot of you think you know about things but have absolutely no clue. Since I have taken the time to become educated through school and research, I thought I'd straighten you out. When I say anything you all attack me. Well I'm right. I have proven it and backed it up again and again. You all ignore it and keep lying.... but at the end of the day you know I'm right and you're just too childish to admit it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.