interoir

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can also sand the dash, then prime and paint or just paint...usually takes me 4-7 coats until it meets the standards of my eye.

- Steve

well i have used allready one can and i seem to be gettin the stupid ass stops

i am guessing they are dust or dirt spots and it seems to get better if i sand and repaint! but let me know what u think and it seems to chip off reale asy. can i use a clear coat over krylon spray paint!?

You should have cleaned the surface with a mild solvent first, like Sherwin-Williams' Pre-Kleen-O, then used laquer (Krylon). It'd stick forever. Laquer kinda melts into plastic, so it bonds really well.

Better still is interior / vinyl paint made by SEM. Prep is just soap & water. Any auto paint store carries it, and some places will even mix custom shades for you. It's what the pro's use.

when u say laquer and put (krylon) beside it u mean the spray paint krylon is allready a lacquer or a a diff can of lacquer made my krylon ?? could i just dip the parts in thinner and cleqan them up and start over? i am new mto this paint the interoir junk thnx

Yes, Krylon is laquer based. If you're gonna strip the paint off with thinner, be VERY careful and test an area first because laquer thinner could melt the plastic and leave you a nasty mess.

what about if i was to just sand it down not all of it but nthe bad areas nmand then clean it and start all over kinda would that work? cuz knwoing me if i were touse thinner i would wreck it all!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fisherpricekid

10+ year member
fisherpricekid
sherwood park, AB
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from