interconnects with 2 amps for best sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

bringitonhome
10+ year member

roc
i have 2 amps an mtx 1501d and an mtx 404

i have a 20' 4 channel rca to run from my deck (clarion) to my 4 channel 404 and now for the question

if i run the 4 channel back to the 4 channel amp then can i run a 2 channel from the full range output on my 4 channel amp to the input on my 1501d mono amp and the set the high and low pass filters will this sound the best or is there another better way im overlooking?

id like 2 order the 2 channel tonight so i can install this weekend so any help would be appreciated as this is my first dual amp install.

thanks

so I assume you only have 2 preouts from your HU. yes you run 2 pair of RCA to your 4ch amp and then run 1 pair from that amp to the monoblock. I don't see any better way to do it.

yeah im pretty sure i do there is actually 4 sets of rcas but as far as i can tell from the manual other then the front and rear set the others are AUX and head phones

also if the 404 manual says to use 8 gauge if i go with 4 is that a problem

thanks again

john

that's fine, just make sure you have the right fuse. you might have a problem fitting the 4 ga into the amp terminal but you can use a distribution block to convert it to 8 ga.

im running 0 gauge to a fused distro block with 1 zero output and 1 four ga output if i could find one with a 0 ga in and a 0 and 8 out that would be perfect but the best ive been able to come up with is the 1 zero and 1 four outsa with a zero in

any fuse recomendations?

250 in line from batt

150 in dist block to 0 ga out

80 in dist block to 4 ga out

sound good

thanks for all the help

john

im running 0 gauge to a fused distro block with 1 zero output and 1 four ga output if i could find one with a 0 ga in and a 0 and 8 out that would be perfect but the best ive been able to come up with is the 1 zero and 1 four outsa with a zero in
Most distribution blocks w/ 4-gauge outs can also be used for 8-gauge wire.

Or, you could run 4-gauge wire to another distro block (kind of a waste.)

Or you could use a gauge adapter, like this:

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/LITRA48

If it were me, I'd run 4-gauge wire and use the gauge adapters to connect to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.