Installing?

Riddle6
10+ year member

Hey, I am new to all this Audio stuff.......I am talkin to a guy the other night and I said When I get my system....I'm not sure where to get it installed....and he goes "What do you mean" ..."Do it yourself".....and I felt like lookin at him and tellin him I thought he was a gigantic dumbass.....but first I was wonderin if this was possible? Anywhere I can go on the net to learn how to install or anything? I feel like getting into this....I have a 99' Camaro.....and I know my H/U is gonna be a Primier P-940....that's all I know......please help....thanks

you can get most the information u need by SEARCHING on this forum ( didn't caps to be an ass, its jus important haha). and if ya have a specific question u can make a thread out of it. doing basic installs is really easier then it may seam once u actually get in your car and start doin it.

You will need a wiring harness, and a dash mounting kit to install the after market deck. The new cameros are pretty easy to install decks in actually.

Here is the link for the dash mounting kit you will need. http://www.metraonline.com/product.aspx?sku=99-3300

Here is the link for the wiring harness.

http://www.metraonline.com/product.aspx?sku=70-1858

Here is a link on how to actually remove the factory radio.

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalChevyCamaro.htm

Installing the deck is quite simple actually. With those parts, it will be a breeze. Just connect the wiring harness on the deck to the one in the link above, install the radio, and you're in business. I do this stuff for a living, so I can help ya out pretty well.

When people first get into car audio, it seems like who the hell could ever install or figure what all those numbers and abbreviations stand for. Things such as THD and crosovers (just to name a few) are like asking how does the brain work. But after reading, studying, and getting your noodle wet into the car audio world it's not as hard or complicated as it seems. It's quite easy and a lot of fun!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.