Installing Subs? 2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakemmarsh

Maine
I have a completely stock 2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan. I have some subwoofers in my house left by my brother, with an amp, box, and everything. I was wondering if it would be possible to install them and hook them up to my stock stereo. I have pictures:

Stock Stereo: (White thing is my iPod holder)

Front of Box:

Back of Box:

One Side of Amp:

Other Side of Amp:

Top of Amp:

If its possible, I can try and do it myself. I just would need to know what cables, etc. I need, or if I should just get it professionally installed. Thanks!

It's possible.

If you want to do the job yourself, all the info you'll need is on this forum or easily found elsewhere. Just do a little reading beforehand, and you should be fine.

If you're not up for some research, you'll be better off having someone do the job for you. Improper wiring can cause serious damage or possibly catch your vehicle on fire.

You're obviously somewhat interested in the hobby, and everyone has to start somewhere.

What you'll need:

An amp wiring kit; You could get by with a cheap kit from Wal-Mart.

Speaker wire; You have entry level equipment. Any speaker wire from Wal-Mart will suffice.

A line out converter or speaker level input; There's a 99.9% chance that your cd player has no preamp outputs.

If this is the first time you have installed a system it cannot be stressed enough that you must have a good ground. Also, as said above, the search button is your friend.

Thomas

Alright, thanks for the replies guys. If I do decide it would be best to have them professionally installed, who would you reccommend? I live near Bangor, Maine. The only place I can think of that would do it is Best Buy. How much would it cost there/should I trust them? Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.