Installing sub & amp on stock deck

accordingi2ime

LA CA
Hi

I want to install a single sub in a 02 325ci.

I have pretty good idea how to do this but have some questions :tomatofac :tomatofac

I know I need RCA converter and have one from my old install on my Accord with two subs. When I installed aftermarket deck I cut this out and I don't remember which wire goes to where. It has two gray wire; one with stripe and one solide. It also has white wire one striped and one solid. which one is right? which one is left? which one is positive which one is negetive?

also where do I connect the remote wire?

and where is the firewall on the 325CI. what is the best way to run the power wire through the firewall. I had hard time doing this.:stuck:thanks you

well, im sort of lost. are you wanting to put the aftermarket headunit or go off the factory? if your running aftermarket then do this:

Go to circuit city and ask them for a harness that will work on your car and your head unit. normally, the wires on the harness you buy will match up with your factory harness. your remote wire is blue from the amp to the headunit. sometimes the wire will be blue/white on the harness you buy. if you have a blue and a blue/white off the harness try both of them. it wont hurt your headunit. your hooked up and ready to play.

from the stock headunit you will need to use the speaker lines from one of your speakers to receive any music. note, this sounds like crrap and should use the method described above. but if this is the method for you then i would prefer a rear speaker. look at the color of the wire your coming off of. just attach your positive and negative and plug in your rca jacks for the sub.

i hope ive helped some. anything ive forgotten please add.

To run the power wire through the firewall (The metal wall between the engine and passenger compartments), there should be a boot or something where the stock wiring runs through, you may be able to run it through that, or you may have to drill a hole, make sure the wire is not rubbing against the metal going though. From the passenger compartment, the firewall may be tough to get to, I have to rip half of my dash apart.

Are you talking about some sort of speaker output to RCA converter? If so, I wouldn't know what the wiring pattern was... The wire with a white stripe is usually positive, right and left shouldn't be too hard.

Also a lot of amps have high-level inputs, so you can run the wires from one or both of your rear speakers to the amp, although this is not the best solution, as Lexus said.

to the remote on the deck . oh ya i dont think the factory one has it. i would really recomend going with an aftermarket deck cause you will loose sound quality with converters and a stock deck and it will also be a hell of a lot easier and look better.

You need to connect the remote wire to a 12v power source that is only applying power when the ignition is on. There should be one that tells your head unit when to turn on and off. Try and find it with a volt meter, and if you can't you can wire it to the + terminal of the battery with a switch somewhere in the car to turn the amp on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.