Installing radio / rear cam in 2006 Lincoln LS without success

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjs89

Attempting to install this radio https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-BVB9364RC-Double-DIN-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B017B80WI8/181-8983670-7732756?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top and am having some trouble.

Problem #1 : Radio is wired and sitting in dash at this time. It turns on and works fine except that when the A/C on button is pressed, the radio turns off. Not sure how this is happening.

Problem #2 : Rear cam is not working at all, may have wired it completely wrong. Ran yellow wire from radio to trunk and plugged into yellow receiver from camera. The power wire for the camera was wired into the brake light. When it is plugged in the brake light just stays on. What did I do wrong? Some pics below.

Thanks for any help!

problem 1. did you use an adapter harness or did you cut wires? it seems like you used a wire that is only active when the a/c is off?

problem 2. the brake lights only get power when you hit the brakes or turn on headlights, I would suggest searching for another acc wire to use for powering the camera

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.