installing my new system... a noob could use some experienced help:)

Participant count
  • Participant list
so just bought an 03 wrx.. finaly able to install my new system in a nice car! pretty excited. ill be running 2 4ohm dvc 12 inch diamond audio macdaddys in a sealed encloser. also will be running a set of CDT ES-6MoPro Gold 6.5" components. to power the system im useing a ED nine.5... basically i wanted to ask you guys a bunch of questions and get some feed back to make sure i do this the right way so here they come..

1.with such a nice front stage, are rear door speakers at all necessary for rear fill or will they clash? should i just take them out and leave them out?

2. i have tweeter mounted in my door currently, but also have all the nice pods and mounts that cdt sends you... am i dumb to just use the door mounts behind the panel and not to use the custom mounts? does it make that much of a sound difference? where is the BEST place to mount the tweeters? whats the difference between an image tweeter and main?

3. the crossovers have a few functions on them but dont explain them in the manual? i currently have them mounted in the door behind the panel.. which makes it hard to get to... does that matter? should/can i mount them to an amp rack in the trunk?

4. when i hook up my NINE.5 it has a few different settings.. currently i am running channel 1 and 2 bridged and 3 and 4 bridged, each to each crossover. then each tweeter and component to their channels. and the subs in parrallel to 1 0hm. i believe each tweeter and mid is 2 ohm each? would that make a 4ohm load to the amp? amp puts out 350w x2 so that would meen each speaker is getting 175? which is about right considering the speakers are rated for 200, yes?

5. WHAT SHOULD MY SETTINGS BE lol. where should my high and low filters be roughly? for the speakers and the woofers?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP:)

wtf is a macdaddy??
f'n noobs

6281851037_ab74987dc8_z.jpg

6282371220_73d65dbdbb_z.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.