Installing HU Question on a 95 Maxima with Factory Bose Speakers.

newjacksm
10+ year member

I just bought a Panasonic CQ-RX400U on Ebay. I knew that the HU would fit the car and I would need a installation kit but I didnt know I would need a re wiring kit because of the bose upgraded system I have. I dont plan on upgrading the speakers for a while, Just need a deck to play cd's and my ipod for now.

I got this off of crutchfield is there any validation to this? Will I really need this adapter or is a bunch of bull?

Installation Details for your 1995 Maxima

» Your vehicle is equipped with an upgraded sound system. We recommend that you purchase an adapter to eliminate extensive rewiring when you install your new stereo. Without this adapter, you might have to replace your entire factory sound system, including the speakers.

OEM Amplifier Integration v.4 $39.99

» Use the brackets that came with your factory stereo to install your new receiver.

»

i got the same car you do

and i needed an adapter for the same reason

i didnt do it

so my cdplayer has a bunch of rewiring and it looks really messy

i wudve bought the adapter

to my knowledge you will not need anything there should be no issue integrating with that particular factory amplifier...by a harness and make sure to connect the factory amp turn on wire and you will be fine.

connect factory amp turn on line if u find that u get noise or that the volume is over sensitive wiring in rca plugs to the metra harness and plug the rca plugs into the preout on the radios (this is how I always do it)

You need an integration harness. I had to do plenty of them back in the day. It was about $75 then. PAC should have a cheaper alternative now.

Or you can bypass the amps in each door. If it were my car I would go ahead and remove the bose BS and replace the door speakers now and rewire it from scratch. It will make things much easier in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.