installing damplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

blabo219
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just ordered the bulk pack of Damplifier Pro which is 36.5 sq ft.

will I have alot left over after i do all of my trunk. its just a normal sized trunk in a car not suv or anything.

and also when im putting it in on the lid of my trunk theres the sheet metal and then above it are those raised bars kinda so you cant really see the whole flat backside of the trunk. do i have to start by putting it on the sheet metal and then work it out on top of the raised metal or just not put it on there at all?

Just place it on top of the inside of the trunk lid. IE: On top of everything. You don't need to go under the support bars.

And no, no leftovers, you need more than 36.5cuft to properly do a trunk... At least up to my standards.

no not under the bars i mean like on the sheet metal in between the bars (the metal you can see) and then also on top of the bars? or does doing it on the bars not really matter beacause its not sheet metal?

if the bars are circular, then you probably won't need to deaden them. for the most part, its flat surfaces that resonate.

Oh, and I have 2 boxes of dynamat xtreme door kits (12 sq ft each)

$70 picked up, or + shipping (between $8-$13, depending where you are)

pm me if inerested

It also depends on how much power you are running. If you are running sub 1000W, realistically you won't need 36sq ft. Cover the trunk, then soundproof it for the best results. Use the rest for the doors etc. Soundproof the rest too.

Well im running about 2kw rms.. the rattling is just obnoxious, so i plan on using all 36 on the trunk, should be here on wednesday so that will be fun. i heard the install for it is like an all day thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.