Installing a HU on a 01 eclipse..no sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nips69
10+ year member

WI
im installing a dvd HU on an eclipse and everything powers up fine and functions correctly besides sound coming throught the speakers. Someone had broken into my car and stole the HU i had before this and the cord right next to the antena cord looks like it might be broken. so thats one thing that could be wrong. Another thing i heard is that eclipses need have a stock amp under the passenger seat that needs to be bypassed or integrated. i have the correct harness to do that but am unsure how? any help is apperciated.

alright thanks. but if you look at this link what am i plugging these RCAs into and that rounded black plug? It looks like theres a male end fore that black plug but it seems like the prongs got ripped of. and besides that it doesnt seem like it would fit properly even if it did have prongs.

I havent pulled my HU yet (I have an 01 Spyder), so I really dont know, but I can point you to this link to download the Mitsubishi Eclipse service manual (in .pdf), which has exploded drawings of the HU install, and the actual factory wiring diagrams as well.......

Online 3G Service Manual *Now with GT-S info* - Club3G Forums

Even if it doesnt answer your question, everyone who owns an Eclipse should have this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.