Installing 3 Flip Down LCD TVs with DVD Players - IR transmitter help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrose

Hello Newbie here...

I'm wanting to add two 9"-12" flip down dvd players and one 15" or bigger to my excursion.

Placing the two smaller ones behind the driver and passenger seats (for second row viewing) and the larger behind the second seat row (for 3rd row seat viewing) . My problem is that I can't seem to find an answer from anyone about headphone interference. I know that there are two IR channels and each channel has a different signal for L and R ears. I can't seem to find a tri-channel system, if they even exist?

Can anyone tell me if I have all three playing their own DVD and all of them are transmitting IR to headphones, will there be signal interference?

Is there a specific model that offers special features to avoid this intereference or models that are designed for an application as I am looking to do?

I'd really like for all three TVs to be able to have different movies playing at the same time and be able to "tune" into whichever TV you want with the IR headpones, but don't know if this is possible. I will also be connecting all 3 TV to the dash DVD player for "sharing" a movie over the vehicle sound system.

Any help on this would be MUCH appreciated!

Doens't anyone have experience with installing multiple flip down tv's with built-in dvd player and wireless headphones?

You can help me make my kids turkey day trip more enjoyable!

i almost had the same question. Anyways I have a question for you. Since you are going to wire the tv's to the HU as well are you going to have a line driver to the video rca's because the HU wasn't meant to be split through 3 tvs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.