Installation help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcraft
10+ year member

Hi All,

Would like some recommendations on the best layout here. While the current system I have had in place for years, The amp recently went and I want to make sure I connect the best way. I am running a set of infinity components in the front doors ( rated 75w rms max) and a set of Polk Audio speakers in the rear ( also 75W rms max) of my pt cruiser. I also have a 12" sub powered by its own 250w amp. Now the two sets of speakers I have had hooked up individually to a 50x4 amp ( into 4 ohms) which recently went. I have now upgraded to a 75x4 amp which should be here in a day or so which is also 75x4 at 4 ohms or a 100 watts x4 at 2 ohms. My question is, should I leave the speakers as is and run them at 75 watts or if I wanted to run at 100 watts, I believe I could just wire the fronts in parrelel and the backs in parrellel and then hook to amp. Then each channel would see approx. 2 ohms and then I could get a 100 watts to each speaker if I am thinking about this correctly. I have heard that it is better to run the speakers a bit over their rating but not sure if 100 watts would be to much. Please advise thoughts. Thx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.