****ing caliper is stripped ( bleeding brake question)

i figured you were by your self so i suggested the gravity bleeed method but if you have an extra hand you can do it the other way. just use one of the copper wahsers or it will most likely leak.
ya i can have my brother help me out. im about to go out and try it.

i figured you were by your self so i suggested the gravity bleeed method but if you have an extra hand you can do it the other way. just use one of the copper wahsers or it will most likely leak.
I "assume" he means use 1 on each side which is correct, if he means use just 1 total that is wrong and it will most definately leak.

bleed it all any way clean fluid is good and dry. Old wet brake fluid can rust the lines from inside and can cause pistons and parts to lock up. A good brake job includes new fluid.

ya i got it in and bleed the back two and it feels good. i might just take it to a shop and do what gotparts suggested and get new fluid and have them bleed it completely.

if you bled the backs you can do the fronts, so save yourself a ton of wasted money bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can do it man!

just do it all yourself. don't bother going out of your way to change the brake fluid but if you bleed until you get clean fluid every time you do the brakes that's proper. your lines and parts will last longer then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99grandprixGT

5,000+ posts
now got an 04 grand prix
99grandprixGT
home
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date