Infinity Reference 1260w 12-Inch 1200-watt High-Performance Subwoofer

Your watt numbers are completely meaningless. Amplifiers and subwoofers have RMS wattage ratings. Those are the ones you should look at. The peak wattages don't mean anything and are a marketing trick. Infinity subs have never been SPL subs. And Infinity References have reportedly had consistency issues in quality. I doubt they take a lot of abuse. Look man, I think you have been given some good advise on other threads. Skip the cheap stuff. Start with something proven and tested. _ONE_ Alpine Type-R subwoofer in an appropriate vented enclosure is probably a good start, wired for 4ohm load (so a DVC 2ohm). If you need more, add second in future, and rewire the whole thing for a final 2ohm load. This will buy you 6 more dB. Other possibility, is to skip completely the idea of running a whole array of cheaper subs and have one high performance subwoofer, something in the class of RE Audio XXX or Image Dynamics IDMAX. They're pretty expensive, but you can pick used ones for more affordable prices.

those are more for sq. had a pair of the older 1252's (i think that is the model number) on a old mtx blue thunder pro3002. really didn't sound bad for what it was

Your watt numbers are completely meaningless. Amplifiers and subwoofers have RMS wattage ratings. Those are the ones you should look at. The peak wattages don't mean anything and are a marketing trick. Infinity subs have never been SPL subs. And Infinity References have reportedly had consistency issues in quality. I doubt they take a lot of abuse. Look man, I think you have been given some good advise on other threads. Skip the cheap stuff. Start with something proven and tested. _ONE_ Alpine Type-R subwoofer in an appropriate vented enclosure is probably a good start, wired for 4ohm load (so a DVC 2ohm). If you need more, add second in future, and rewire the whole thing for a final 2ohm load. This will buy you 6 more dB. Other possibility, is to skip completely the idea of running a whole array of cheaper subs and have one high performance subwoofer, something in the class of RE Audio XXX or Image Dynamics IDMAX. They're pretty expensive, but you can pick used ones for more affordable prices.
that should be a sticky...nicely written

I had a pair of 1262w's, They didn't get warm on 375wrms after an hour of heavy abuse. They have a 2in coil and a pretty decent amount of cooling slots, I would say they can handle upwards of 500wrms in the right box. Very nice bang for the buck with these things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.