Infinity reference 1211a

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have the chance to pick up an infinity reference 1211a for $50 do you guys think I should jump on this? Will be using the amp to power my HDS215D2 wired at 4ohm
Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
I'd pick it up for $50. It'll do pretty well with that sub, eventually you might want a bit more power but it would be a good amp to run and not have to worry if you're overpowering your sub too much.

I'd pick it up for $50. It'll do pretty well with that sub, eventually you might want a bit more power but it would be a good amp to run and not have to worry if you're overpowering your sub too much.
I know itll definatley be better than the pyramid pb717x i have now lol. Has Anyone ever run them at 1ohm to see how they handle? I know manufacture doesn't say its 1ohm stable but I've ran oldschool Rockford amps at 2ohm mono with no issues when they were only meant for 4 ohm

I know itll definatley be better than the pyramid pb717x i have now lol. Has Anyone ever run them at 1ohm to see how they handle? I know manufacture doesn't say its 1ohm stable but I've ran oldschool Rockford amps at 2ohm mono with no issues when they were only meant for 4 ohm
I think this amp might have protection circuitry to keep it from running down to 1ohm but, you might get away with it depending on what you rise to.

I think this amp might have protection circuitry to keep it from running down to 1ohm but, you might get away with it depending on what you rise to.
Not sure my box is custom built for the sub tuned to 35hz built by CSCStang

Either way, this amp is well worth the $50 and it'll be MUCH better than the Pyramid. I'd snag it up for sure.
Ok I'll be picking it up payday probably get a RCA gain remote as well

Got the amp today and just quick test with gain just over quarter way everything else zeroed out was a lot louder lol

9ece5f3d48092cc1c22f778aee50f8ef.jpg
amps way bigger than I thought it'd be

cceda990ceb0cf93bb4358104a83f67c.jpg
gonna use the pyramid to run the mids rear mids and highs would it be bad to mount the amps like this?

So the new amp has something called dynamic bass optimizer (DBO) and from what I've read it doubles as a subsonic filter and bass boost. I have it at 0 right now but I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone ever set up one of these amps?

So the new amp has something called dynamic bass optimizer (DBO) and from what I've read it doubles as a subsonic filter and bass boost. I have it at 0 right now but I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone ever set up one of these amps?
i wouldnt touch it lol. Just keep to gain. Your amps can be mounted on the back seat like that fine.

i wouldnt touch it lol. Just keep to gain. Your amps can be mounted on the back seat like that fine.
Ok I wish I had more space to build an amp rack

Another thing I noticed is that the amps is supposed to have 3 40amp fuses (atleast thats what it says and looks like sonicelectronix) but it only has 3 25amp fuses which probably means the guy blew the fuses would changing them back to 40amp fuses do me any good?

Ok I wish I had more space to build an amp rackAnother thing I noticed is that the amps is supposed to have 3 40amp fuses (atleast thats what it says and looks like sonicelectronix) but it only has 3 25amp fuses which probably means the guy blew the fuses would changing them back to 40amp fuses do me any good?

just change them if they pop. If they dont pop that means you are not drawing that much current with the amp.

just change them if they pop. If they dont pop that means you are not drawing that much current with the amp.
I'm sure once I set the gains they'll pop lol have the gain less than half way beats the crap out of the HDS215 and what do ya know my lights don't dim any more now that I got a good amp even though it pushes more power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.