Infinity QX4 - Worth going Mild to WILD spl on a daily driver? LONG

Participant count
  • Participant list

WOT

Banned
Curious if any of you guys made the transition. What pushed you over the edge to go from your starter setup to your full on SPL 150+ cars?

I dont think I really have a "starter" setup as it bangs **** loud with 2 15's and a huge box and none of my friends can stand to sit in it. But I know theres louder, and I think id love to have my brains rattled my louder.

One thing Im going to do more of is sound deadning, Ive 2 layers in some places 3 on the doors and hatch, but never did the roof at all nor the floor or the door caps because of some airbag ****, tv, and massive ammounts of plastics. SO sounds great inside, solid, but like **** on the outside. Thats just labour though I already got the deadner so thats no cost.

As for money goes, I really dont have a limit, but Id like to set a priceline where I only spend money on products that get me the most bang for the buck, dont wanna spend a TON more on something that will give me minimal gains.

For my substage, on a semi-budget, I tuned the Audioque 15's to play hard hitting notes @ 38hz and I think I had 10.6 cubes net, 9.5 after port and sub. Subs up port back with the port in the center vertically slot style. I was hoping for starters, to used the box I have, since its got plenty of space and probably a good street beat spl tune to it.

I was thinking of going Mach5 Audio SPL 15's. There website says they can run daily at 1500rms, but also says 3000rms? But takes burps of ALOT more than I'll be pusing it. They sell for $440 each shipped, and I get a discount cause Im local, but it would still cost me likely close to $900 after taxes for a pair of them. Cheap here in canada, we get raped on duties if anything has to cross the u.s.a border

http://www.mach5audio.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=185

Then those suckers need alot of wattage, Im running the 1300ish rms watt right now through a 20' 0 gauge power wire, stock 110amp alt and battery, and the big 3 in 4 gauge. Im probably going to need like a 300amp alt and 2 runs of 0 gauge or atleast better 0 gauge then I have for something in the range of 4500rms watts right? I was thinking of a couple hifonics brutis amps, or 2 PA3000db's since there fairly cheap power. I'll have to check into the big amp deal nowadays.

Would each sub take a mono amp on its own? The subspec says its 2 + 2 Ohm, what kind of amp/amps would I need to power 2 of them? Or is there one amp that big enough I should buy.... probly not each

Is throwing on a big alt hard, I know I cant get to mine easily but to they take mods or anything? possibly get more amps out of the factory one? I cant really go without a car for a week though so that aint an option. Possibly gonna need a second battery probably, underhood stocker + a good one that I can still fit under the hood.... for cheap..

Thats all for now, Im tired. Do I really wanna spend a couple grand on going huge into this spl or is the bump I have already enough for my daily drivingin, never gonna compete ass.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.