Infinite baffle, sealing around the wall?

Participant count
  • Participant list

butterMilk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BC
So I have my wall mounted and its a nice tight fit in most spots. The wall is 1.25'' thick and all is good. Theres about a 1/16th to 1/8th gap all around it. I'm trying to figure out a good way to seal it off with out using any expanding foam. And I don't want it to look like a hack job. You guys have any good ideas on how to seal it up?

I was thinking of maybe just using some clear silicone around the edge, but I'm just not sure about it. I know I could just use some "dynamat" but I don't think that would look very good. If you guys got any ideas, or pics of what you have done id love to hear about it!

I wish I had some pics to show what I have goin on, maybe I can borrow a friends camera later. Its basically a wall built about 6'' behind my back seats.

this is similar to how mine is set up. i took some weather-strip and wedged it into the crack, but eventually it blew out(im running 2 15's on 2K infinite baffle). ended up using some tan NON GLOSSY(the non glossy part is key) packing tape around the entire top and sides, the bottom was left with weatherstrip.

Matt

That would definitely look good. But I don't want this to be permanent.
It wouldn't have to be. Either small trim panels glassed to fit the opening or come off the front of the box. Tape the back side if it must be air tight...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.