Incorrect antenna

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bluejohnny65

CarAudio.com Newbie
A real simple problem? I fitted a Retrosound Long Beach radio to my 1965 Falcon. I did not want to use the fender mounted antenna so, I chose
a roof mounted unit from a late model GM truck. It is not compatible so, I purchased a powered shark fin , which although it has the Motorolla
cable connection ,it does not work. I know the radio is O.K. because the radio works just great if I simply insert a piece of wire into the center
of the coaxial antenna lead. What's wrong?

Do you have the extra ground wire connected?

I have tried two different types of antennas .A shark fin style and a roof mounted whip style and although I
did not bolt them to the roof, in both cases I clipped a ground lead to the car chassis. Neither do anything!

Perhaps I did not explain myself. I have inserted an extension cable directly into the antenna plug in on
the radio and I am testing either the new antenna or a jumper wire at the end of the cable. Radio reception
is achieved with the wire but not either antenna. How could I have two different faulty antennas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...