In dash EQ question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beast1284
10+ year member

From what the guy told me at a local audio shop, no one makes a mounting bracket for a HU and EQ for my car. It is a 96 Beretta Z26. I would like to get an in dash EQ, and at the same time want it to be a very clean install, that is a must. So will I have to fabricate something on my own? Or is there another solution that you guys know of. I already have a mounting bracket for my HU, and there would be plenty of room to put an EQ underneath the HU, but no way to mount it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Beast1284 From what the guy told me at a local audio shop, no one makes a mounting bracket for a HU and EQ for my car. It is a 96 Beretta Z26. I would like to get an in dash EQ, and at the same time want it to be a very clean install, that is a must. So will I have to fabricate something on my own? Or is there another solution that you guys know of. I already have a mounting bracket for my HU, and there would be plenty of room to put an EQ underneath the HU, but no way to mount it. Thanks.

Ok first off... is this a double din slot or a din and half? Which head unit and eq are you looking to put in? Are you wanting to fiberglass a panel? You can make a bracket to fit in the rear I am sure or depending on the eq a bracket may come with that is fairly easily modified.

Well I already have a Clarion DRX5675 HU... I want to either pick up the AC three.1 or four.1.... And it has to be in dash, because I listen to wide variety of music so it has to be accessible very quickly... I don't know what a din means...

DIN refers to the size of the opening in your vehicle(for your CD player) Since you have a GM, you probably have a "DIN and a half" opening...your Clarion head unit is a "single DIN" so you have a filler piece that goes around the head unit holding it in place.

If want an EQ, you can get a "half DIN" in size EQ and stick it under your head unit(with the filler piece removed of course).

Other placement options for the EQ include: Center console and under dash.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Beast1284

10+ year member
Beast1284
Upstate New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from