Image Dynamics cxs62 OR Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks??

Latina33
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
Which speaker set of these two using their passive crossovers would produce a better sound for metal, rock, techno, and occasional hip-hop?

I like crisp, defined highs, and very present, but not outrageous midbass.

Any opinions on the two? The ID's are the 2ohm model.

I use to have a pair of nx-30s , which are from the cxs set, and i liked them very much. I also have a pair of cx62 sitting here, but i never got to hear them.

Image Dynamics has new components... they are supposed to hit the streets anytime now... I think they are the XS series... XS65... they will beat the speakers listed.

Or, PPI 356cs are available now... basically the same thing by the same designer/consultant... just different descriptive buzz words in the ad copy. Probably less expensive also.

For every ten speaker companies, there is only one factory. There are not as many choices as you think there are... most are simply different soup mixes of the same main ingredient.

With the new SLC right around the corner, it will be a tough fight. New tweeter, crossover, woofer changes..spells even bigger bang for you buck. But it depends on how long you are going to want to wait. Both make a great speaker, and you really cannot go wrong.

With the new SLC right around the corner, it will be a tough fight. New tweeter, crossover, woofer changes..spells even bigger bang for you buck. But it depends on how long you are going to want to wait. Both make a great speaker, and you really cannot go wrong.
I keep hearing about the changes with the SLC's, Aaron. Do you have any information in detail on what exactly the changes are going to consist of?

IMO, it's very difficult to compare two different good sets comps, especially when the front stage is very install dependent. I think the same set of comps in two different car can vary greatly in sound, due to imaging, phase, t-corr, on/off axis, EQing, location of drivers, etc...

anyhow, w/ a good install, i don't see you can go wrong with any of the mentioned comps.

I keep hearing about the changes with the SLC's, Aaron. Do you have any information in detail on what exactly the changes are going to consist of?
I'm not the Aaron you asked, lol, but I know that the new SLCs are supposed to incorporate the CAL25 Tweeter:yumyum: . Don't know anything about the crossover and mid upgrades though.

any idea when these new SLC's are coming out...i was about to buy some 265's in less than a month...if new ones are coming out ill hold off

It been said a few times before but anywho, they will be biampable like the Germanium line, Cal25 tweet, and have a revised midbass...that and they will available late june/july...thats all we know now.

It been said a few times before but anywho, they will be:

1. biampable like the Germanium line

2. Cal25 tweet

3. and have a revised midbass

...that and they will available late june/july...thats all we know now.
Thank you for the info and thank you Rainbow for going in this direction! Those are awesome changes (esp the biamping capability!).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.