Icon 15" vs Fi BL12" vs IA DR 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Villainstone
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello guys new here. I was just wondering what would be a better choice for my setup. I will be buying a SoundStream RUB1.1600D amp. Good quality, reasonable price, 1 ohm stable. If there is something better in the $230 range and outputs 1500+ watts please let me know.

Im not really sure what vehicle I am installing this in ATM as I just got in a wreck and totaled my truck. I am in the market for a new ride so yeah IDK yet. Either way I plan on using the manufacturers suggested enclosure designs.

Anyway I only plan on one sub and I have at the most $370 for a sub. Well to be honest I have 600 total for an amp and sub. Ok now I am looking for a fine medium of SQ and SPL. I want LOUD, and CLEAN bass. I would like to really feel the bass in my chest, but hear in accurately in my ears lol. So if you want just give an answer or just give me a completely different suggestion. Thanks guys

Well the purchase will be made in Feb. So thats out lol. Also I would like to go new just for peace of mind. I really appreciate the suggestion though. TY

Yeah the box will be built for the sub that I buy according the the manufactures recommended suggestions. No vehicle at the moment ad I went with the 15 as opposed to the 12 cause I cant afford 15's of the other brands lol. So yeah if I could I would but I cant so the Icon or the 12's?

While I'm sure the FiBL would suffice, I would think the Fi Q would be a bit better choice for your goals. Still gets loud, super clean. Other than that, they really are all good choices. If you want a bigger woofer, I don't think the Flatlyne or Fi are SO much better than the Icon (if at all) that it'd make a difference. So, more output, and still comparable SQ, go with the ICON. If you are to go with Fi, I think the Q would be a better choice than the BL.

Oh, and...

Don't do that. Have someone design you a custom box to work with your car, music taste, etc
^ This

Ok so I went looking into the Q and I think I will pull the plug on that sub. I cant afford the cooling option but I will add the Spider for better control. The IA DR was never really an option for me but I threw it in anyway. At only 1000wRMS I was weary about running 1600rs to the DR, the same with the icon but Im sure the Icon could take it with proper setup of the amp. Ok So its settled I will get a 15" Fi Q series. Thank you all for your help and suggestion. As for the box I still feel comfortable following the cu sheets provided on the Fi's website here: Q Series cut sheets! - SSA Car Audio Forum for the 15" ported. Thanks again fellas I do appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Villainstone

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Villainstone
Boonville, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date